Trusted Contributor

Re: What's On Your Agenda for Today?

@Scooby Doo  and @ScrapHappy , yuk.........hope everything works out!  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was surprised last Tuesday when I was out shopping - I walked home a different route and saw my regular salon was open - those waiting were sitting outside the shop.  

The salon closure turned out okay for me.  I would never have let my hair grow - and I'm liking the way it's looking.  I'll probably go in to have it shaped and trimmed as it grows out.

--------------------------------------

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

I'm getting my hair cut!!! I'm going to my friend's shop, since my usual one isn't showing any signs of opening. 

Honored Contributor

Doing laundry, dishes, cooking, and a little cleaning. Then later watch something on the DVR. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Always something to do on a Saturday.

Started this morning at 9;00 with going to have my oil changed. Then stopped off for a handfull of groceries. Next: laundry, as every Saturday morning. refilled the hummingbird feeder and fed the plants out front. Finally time for breakfast: one slice of brioche French toast.

Going to DS & DDIL's house tonight for dinner and Hamilton. Will make a pasta salad side for their main and veggie. Also making a strawberry rhubarb crumble for a surprise dessert.

Respected Contributor

Started out this morning by enjoying my coffee and breakfast out on my deck while it was still in the shade and cool. After that, I went for a 2.5 mile walk at a leisurely 17 minute per mile pace. I usually aim for 15 minute miles, but I just wasn't feeling it this morning. 

I might play a quick round of golf later this afternoon, but right now the tee sheet is pretty full and I'm playing tomorrow so I may just relax with a book and maybe run a load of laundry.

Grilling steaks and potato wedges for dinner, to be enjoyed with a salad and a nice, unoaked chardonnay. 

Pretty much a lazy day for me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

@Scooby Doo  and @ScrapHappy , yuk.........hope everything works out!  Good luck.

Turns out it needs more than just a good snake.  The cast iron plumbing going out to the street needs a good cleaning to get rid of the sludge.  One of those necessary projects that I don't have much of a choice about.  Ugh

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Nothing, it's going to be 117 degrees today. I'll go outside to get the mail and that's about it. Pretty much watch tv.

117! Where do you live?? Arizona...Nevada??

Valued Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

I'm getting my hair cut!!! I'm going to my friend's shop, since my usual one isn't showing any signs of opening. 

I envy you!!!!!!! My hair's getting long..but I don't have a car! Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

House cleaning....then in the pool....forecast is for 120 degrees today and 121 tomorrow 😰.

Esteemed Contributor

hutchill - your day sounds good. Up early this morning. I love the solitude. Laundry, fold, put away and pulled the kitchen together. Sitting in my MBR recliner with fan overhead and watching netflix - Zac Efron series - Down To Earth. It makes the corners of my mouth turn up. Strange and unfamiliar sensation for 2020 - ha. Eating steamed vegetables with lots of additions thrown in. Will take a labyrinth walk at nearby church in a few hours. A lovely setting with flower garden nearby. Not my church, but I am so grateful they open up their well-kept labyrinth to the public. 3/4 mile meditative walk once you wind around the geometry. Come home - sweep / clean hardwood florrs. Then sit on the east patio with hubs after sun drops behind the house. A very good day! Thanks for inquiring. Enjoy reading everyone's responses.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau