Honored Contributor

What my son & DIL did today for "home school" lesson!🙂

Of course, they did home school assignments with GD.  

Today, they decided to do a "fun" activity of their "childhood".  They took a nice afternoon visiting where they grew up, where they married, schools they went to, then to show my GD where Washington crossed the Delaware (I grew up there).  Drove to fun sights and enjoyed "sharing" their childhood memories with GD.  Like a family history lesson.

My GD was so excited when we Skyped tonight!  A fun way to pass the hours and making new memories during these "uncertain" times.  

She can't wait til their "next adventure"!  Plus, my son said "zero dollars and they enjoyed the walking down memory lane with her!"

🙂🙂🙂

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What my son & DIL did today for "home school" lesson!🙂

what a great idea....sounds like your son and DIL are handling this well....my daughter and her teenaged daughters went to the beach today...and my son built an obstacle course for his 8 & 10 year olds to ride their bikes through....wish i could help out....but i'm 70 with health issues....i just hope everybody can deal with their stress...it's not gonna be easy...i worry....

Honored Contributor

A relative pulled her kids out of school before they closed the schools. She was a teacher & professor. 

She's teaching hers how to help your community.

Also teaching them about building houses.

She has been flipping houses. She takes them down to the studs & puts them back like they used to be.

Honored Contributor

Schools were becoming not such a safe place. Maybe after this, home schooling will be popular.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope your GD will write a report about her family history day. Keep up and improve her writing skills. Maybe add some artwork.