Respected Contributor

Re: What makes some of us autumn-lovers?

@ID2 agree, living in Northern Wisconsin. I don't even have air conditioning as rarely need it. Nights cool off, usually. We had 40 days of 80 degrees this summer. Unusual. Nights are in the 60s. Our population triples in the summer. Our leaves peak the first week of October. I can recall schools closed on Halloween due to snow.Winter comes quickly and many years our Autumn is short. I do love Fall for all the these things mentioned, but Winter gets old mid April when snow is still dumping on us. After Fall comes Winter. My Texas friends  Irises  are blooming  MidApril but she is still suffering  now from the heat this week. Either way one gets stuck in the house. Oh to be a Snowbird some day. 

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way.....My whole attitude changes with the fall.  Maybe it is because I live in Florida and all I do for about six months is stay inside in air condioning because if I go out it is just miserably hot and buggy.  I cherish every cool day.  I would move if I could to the smoky mountains.  

Trusted Contributor

I love the cooler weather, the excitement of the holiday season and football!   It's a cozy time of year!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Anticipation of the holidays I love, fall colors, cooler weather.  Brings out the I want to bake and smell those scents in my home again.  I'm sure it also reminds some of us about all the things this time of year reminds us of, going back to childhood.