Respected Contributor

Re: What makes some of us autumn-lovers?

@spiderw wrote:

When I was young I lived for summer.  I would spend the two months at our summer house near a lake in the mountains.  However, I do not remember having the heat and humidity we have been experiencing for awhile.  We didn't even need air conditioning because it was blanket weather at night .  

I am older now and can't stand the heat like we have had this summer.  My energy level, mental well being suffered and limited what I could do out doors.  I had the air conditioning on daily which while I was glad to have, prefer fresh air.  

In a nutshell, when Autumn arrives I am always motivated to do what I couldn't in the summer months.  I am out and about, energized and love harvest time,  I just feel better.

This is me and why I love fall !

You absolutely hit the nail on the head for me too!!  I think the heat was less growing up in Michigan than it is here in Oklahoma, but my age also makes it harder to tolerate.  I love the fall and winter, tolerate spring (when we are not in our tornado shelter) and dispise summer!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I like looking out the windows and watching the trees in our woods change color.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   I agree with you about the smells.  I love crunching leaves when I walk through the yard,  I love the smell of burning leaves.  Chilly mornings but sunny pleasant afternoons.  Great sleeping weather.  Apples, apple cider.  I was born in the fall maybe that's why.

I don't mind a normal winter but these Polar Vortex things are terrible.  Dangerous cold is a no.  I do like the first substantial snowfall, especially big flakes.  Makes me want to bake.  I will admit that after the 6th, 7th and 8th snowstorm I'm done.  Ice is a definite no going out.

Honored Contributor

I don't love autumn.  I prefer spring because I like to work in the yard and seeing the new growth.  However, I much prefer fall clothing.  And, I'm hoping with autumn comes lower humidity which means we can turn off the de-humidifier and hopefully better breathing for my cat.

Trusted Contributor

I love the fall with the brightly colored leaves on the trees and the crisp morning air.  Our horses love it because the relentless flys have gone and they can graze peaceflly in the pasture, and I sure do enjoy watching the horses because the cool air also makes them spunky and full of the dickens and what a joy to watch.

Respected Contributor

I love the cooler/drier weather, football, and Halloween.  I do miss my sandals though.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love the ****** in the air, the clothes, the colors, football, and knowing the holidays are coming. I mean what is not to like ? 🍎🍁🍂🍁🍎

@QVCkitty1 you said everything of how I am an autumn lover!! 

Image result for fall gif

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

I love the cooler/drier weather, football, and Halloween.  I do miss my sandals though.

@FranandZoe , I will miss my sandals too. 😟

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@ID2 Wrote:

Until I joined these boards, many many years ago, I never heard of anyone not loving Summer. Everyone I know loves Summer. We live for it. But I honestly think its a regional thing. I live in Michigan. We only have about 4 months of warm weather a year. We cherish every single bit of it. Our winters are long and cold. I despise Fall only because of all the work we have to do to get ready for our Winters. Don't all you "Fall lovers" do work to prepare for Winter? It sounds like you all just enjoy it. Nope, not us. Our crisp Fall weather always lasts about 3 days, then the snowy, cold, harsh reality of the next 9 months settles in. 

It must be difficult to live somewhere where you only have a few months of nice weather and live with the snowy, cold, harsh realty of bad weather for three quarters of a year.  I'd have to move!  Life is too short to only have a few months during a year to "cherish".

Respected Contributor

I like it because it is not hot nor is it cold. It is comfortable weather, and comfortable weather to dress for, and one of the nicest seasons to view the beauty of nature. It is a good walking season.