Honored Contributor

Re: 😊 What made you smile this week?

@house_cat-

What a nice question!

I never would have thought this would make my month and be such a thrill but my little grandson asked ME! for the first time to take him to the potty!

I was so happy and I hugged him and told him I am so proud of him.

Now I am a full-fledged grandmaSmiley HappyHeart

He would only let his dad and mom take him before. 

I know he likes me a lot so maybe he thought well, she's pretty good so maybe I'll try her lol!

The other thing and this made me more than smile was the little 3 year old missing for 2 days in cold and wet and woods that was found safe and healthy! So many were praying and I thought this couldn't turn out well, but I sure won't understand if it doesn't!

I think that is a miracle. I'm sure there were a lot of angels surrounding him. He was found wet in a bunch of briars, but very happy to see people come to him and to see his little sister.

He had wondered off while playing with 2 friends in the yard and he didn't come in with them. His grandma was watching them from inside.

I'd like to say-Parents  and Grandparents, if your 3 year old is in the yard, you should be there with him. Ditto for dogs! So glad he was found!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

My autistic grandson being invited along to go play video games at a friend's house.  It is ''so helpful'' when others reach out to him that are his age...(22)  Big SMILE AND A WARM HEART  !!

Esteemed Contributor

Two things:

Long phone call with DS#2 from his overseas duty station on MLK day.

Today DS#1 remembered that I asked him to meet me this morning. I asked last week and he did not need to be reminded. Not only that, but he got up early to do something on his list in order to accommodate my morning time.

Note to those raising teens: hang in there- there is hope!

Respected Contributor

Well, this made me a little sad but ultimately made me smile. My MIL passed away two days ago on DH's birthday. Everyone was thinking how unfortunate the timing of her passing was. 

It took him an entire day of traveling to get to her as she only had hours to live. He arrived at her bedside and was able to stroke her hair, kiss her cheek and whisper in her ear how much he loved her. 

She passed an hour later.

The part that made me smile was when he told everyone, "I'm not upset that she passed away on my birthday.  She gave me the greatest birthday gift ever... she waited for me to get there so I could say goodbye."

Valued Contributor

that 800,000+ people will get their back pay shortly.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat

Sunshine on a cold day. 

Super Contributor

What made me smile today is when our freshman in college son facetimed us on our way back from church.  He texts daily but calls once a week and this week he's called three times so he must miss us.  LOL!

Respected Contributor

A random act of kindness that someone did for me.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

A new puppy, Shadow.  I'm rocking right now!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

The precious children’s choir at church this morning! So cute and though as imperfect as any others in their performance, they looked and sounded just like angels to me. 😇