Esteemed Contributor

Re: 😊 What made you smile this week?

Waking up to this face 

IMG_E1544.JPG

Honored Contributor

DH’s cataract surgery Wednesday was done successfully. We get our second shingles shot after February 9th.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

So many things!  What stands out most in my mind is my early morning chats with my son.  We both leave for work very early.  He's a social worker who works with special needs adults.  The stories he tells me about his "peeps" just warm my heart.  He has so much compassion for them and truly enjoys their idiosyncracies and their small accomplishments.  Unfortunately, social work doesn't pay a lot, so he'll never be rich financially, but he loves what he does and that's priceless.

@house_cat, you must be so proud !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Honestly 2 People guessing my age way younger than I am!! It made me feel good.

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Super Contributor

While checking out at the grocery store, I was fortunate enough to get into the cashier Nicole’s line. She is a mother of two, a lovely woman who is grounded in her faith and who chats while checking your groceries. 

No matter how you feel when you get to her line, you leave feeling warm hearted and light of spirit. And you always have a smile on your face.

Hugs . . . Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dog loves my SO and is her daddy's girl.  I'm only the one who walks her, feeds her, trains her, lets her out mostly, takes he to the vet, etc.  He sleeps later than me so I keep her downstairs with me so she won't wake him and she waits for any movement from him upstairs hoping he'll come down.  When he does come down she gets so excited and hangs out by him but twice last week after she greeted him she came back to snuggle by me on the sofa and she didn't even want anything from me - just to snuggle!  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat   Right now I'm just reading through the posts. I wondered what made you smile this week and then I read your post.

Your's makes me smile as does your son. It certainly takes a special person to work with others with special needs of any age. Warms my heart to know your son loves what he does. Not always do we land a job, a profession that offers a great paycheck but for us who find a calling that we love is really the blessing.

Thanks for making me smile today.

Esteemed Contributor

My kids got straight A's on their report cards,

So proud of them!

Trusted Contributor

My best friend is leaving for a year and a half and she gave me a hand written card. I said to my hubby that's not me, he said yes it is. 

Respected Contributor

My 21 yr old son texted me out of the blue saying he was going to take me out to lunch on Fri., his treat. ❤️