Valued Contributor

Re: What is your favorite state in the US?

81RyRm5xCvL._SY606_.jpg

Honored Contributor

Born in Hackensack, NJ.  Raised here and will die here. I AM A JERSEY GIRL, of Irish/italian heritage.  I have split my life between North Jersey and South Jersey. We are a hub state in that there’s nothing we can’t do within a hundred miles of where we live.

We are not just a Turnpike State, we have gorgeous mountains, magical beaches, we can see a play in Manhattan, or the Liberty Bell in Philly, museums everywhere, and we are not called The Garden State for nothing!  

I lived in northern VA for eight years early in my marriage.  Two of my girls were born in NJ and two were born in VA.  I liked being close to Washington DC, but the ethos in the suburbs was too different. I missed my home.

Someone else here said “Grow where you were planted.”  LOVE IT!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Probably Vermont, but I would be happy any where if I was living the rural life. I would not want to be a city dweller any where.

Valued Contributor

I think it really depends on what YOU like and prefer. Some people like 4 seasons and some like warm climate. Some people enjoy city life some rural life. What is it that

YOU'RE looking for? Some want lakes, some want the ocean. 

I live in Chicago suburbs myself and I absolutely hate it. All the 6 yrs ive been here, i havent gotten 'adjusted' to it and i know i never will. The weather here is absurd, its really not 4 seasons its more like 2, really darn cold and then humid. People are also a little on the aggressive/negative side imho. Its like most people are having a bad day every day. lol. I dont get it. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

@Oznell  My cousin has lived in Fords Colony, Williamsburg, VA since the late 80's, she has always loved it and still loves the area.  She said the people are very friendly and they all look out for each other.  It is a conservative area!

Honored Contributor

That speaks well for it, @ScarletDove, that your cousin has lived there that long and she still loves it.  That's good to know!