Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite state in the US?

New York - my home state.  Home to the world's greatest city of the same name.

I live on a wonderful island called Manhattan!

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

Ha I was going to say probably any one except my own which is NY.

I couldn't agree with you more.  To add:  New York USE to be a beautiful place to live, until it became what it is now.  Too blue - I'll leave it at that.

@fitfuninformed.  That’s mostly the NYC area. The rest of the state is mostly not blue except maybe bigger cities upstate. Since most of the population is NYC that’s what happened. NY state is huge. Of course you have to put up with the state government but that is a result of NYC. Actually I am the opposite of you.

Honored Contributor

I have several fav's...

Wisconsin-My home State, have never lived anywhere else, love the 4 seasons, and my family is here.....Lots to do in the Summer and Winter.....

Massachusetts-Love Boston area, been there quite a few times, my older sister went to college there and then ended up staying.lots to do.....

Michigan-Beautiful state, 4 seasons and lots to do and friendly people!

Hawaii-Paradise, we have been there 3 times all 3 times to different islands, and it is just gorgeous. Too far for me though to live, would miss my grandbabies and daughters.....

California-Love Southern California, great weather, lots to do and just a fun place where you never run out of things to do..... 

Honored Contributor

WI, four seasons, beautiful lakes and forests, Door County, sports (Brewers, Packers, Bucks), great universities, summer festivals in Milwaukee, EAA, there is truly something for everyone in WI. Can easily travel to Minneapolis  or Chicago if you need a big city fix. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

WI, four seasons, beautiful lakes and forests, Door County, sports (Brewers, Packers, Bucks), great universities, summer festivals in Milwaukee, EAA, there is truly something for everyone in WI. Can easily travel to Minneapolis  or Chicago if you need a big city fix. 

@RetRN . I agree 100%.......

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl @CANDLEQUEEN @RetRN @proudlyfromNJ @ALRATIBA 

Texas...of course!

7004D3D5-B387-4E4F-BFE6-3056C54F4F95.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

We've lived in various areas of the country, PA, IN, VT, NC, TX, and back to NC.  I have to say they all have their good points and not so good.  I really don't have a favorite. 

Honored Contributor

Bliss... wherever I may be.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA 

I was born on the lower east side of NYC in 1940 ----- it sure has changed. We lived in a small apartment building and knew all the great neighbors. Rent was less than $50/month - when my family moved to Brooklyn in 1950 - our rent in a bigger apartment building was $50/month. Everyone could afford a roof-over-their-heads and very few people owned a car. Didn't need a car - just took the trolley, bus or subway. People walked everywhere - so u actually saw your neighbors. I'm in California many, many years - and I still Love NewYawkers - and I still have my NY accent.

Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tennessee,  I've only lived 3 months of  76 years out of  Nashville, love it.