Trusted Contributor

Re: What is your favorite state in the US?

Ha I was going to say probably any one except my own which is NY.

Respected Contributor

California and Hawaii. 

I am a warm weather beach girl.

Esteemed Contributor

I see you are from a cold state so you would be used to winters that are harsh. I did want to mention Florida Delray beach which is on the east coast. It is a nice spot for retired people and a lot to do. The downside is of course the hurricanes and the heat of the summer. I would whatever state you choose to settle in to rent out a house for a few months at different times of the year to see if you like it or not. Happy hunting O/P!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

California and Hawaii. 

I am a warm weather beach girl.

Oh my goodness sound so nice after the windy, cold spring we had in the east coast. Ride those waves girl.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

my home state of RI.....born and bred here....spent a year in MS.....only to realize i'm not a southern gal.......too darn hot!

Respected Contributor

I've been to all the states.   If I could move to one right now, it would ge Hawaii. 

Respected Contributor

I grew up on a pac NW beach but moved to the desert SW and never looked back. Love my Arizona desert 🌵🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good and bad about all states. Also both beauty and eyesore in all states. I like the heartland attitude in the Midwest but really prefer varied geography so I'll go with North Carolina. Peidmont, coast, mountains. My parents/grandparents from NC so I've spent quite a bit of time there. The only thing I don't like is I'm more socially liberal than extended family in NC but that certainly does not represent all people in NC.

I could move to Maui tomorrow. Husband wouldn't go with me unless they have a professional sports team -- plus too far from family. Maybe I should have a second home there for six months out of the year -- a girl can dream. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We moved from the mid atlantic states to So. Nv.  and yes, the heat in the summer is hard to take even with the low humidity but the rest of the year is divine.  If I had to choose between bitter cold and lots of snow or this sometimes hotter than hades dry climate, I'm choosing the heat, even though I grumble about it.  No one area is perfect but the pros outweigh the cons for us.

Honored Contributor

There is no place like home, and for me that is West Virginia.   Born and raised here, and I will die here.   

I have not traveled that much in my life, but while I may have enjoyed visits to other states, no other state has ever given me the feeling of home.   

The comfort and peace I feel when I walk outside and see the huge mountainsides that surround me is more than I have words to describe.   Thanks to the gazillion trees that cover these beautiful mountains, the air is clean and fresh.   We have 4 distinct seasons, and you can be as rural, or as close to city living as you choose, and still enjoy the easy WV lifestyle.   I cannot imagine living my life anywhere else.