Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite part of the holidays.....

@AuntG wrote:

The saddest thing to me are the posters who come out here the day after Christmas and announce that all the decorations are down and put away as if that is worthy of a reward.  It strikes me as being rather obsessive to turn "un" decorating into some kind of race.  I'd rather enjoy the whole season, including New Year's Day with the decorations still out.

Why would you criticize someone for taking down their Christmas decorations after Christmas?  Maybe they are tired of looking at it.  Maybe it is in the way.  What is wrong with that?  You are making a lot of assumptions here about why someone takes down decorations.  Good grief!

Super Contributor

@beckyb1012

Same to you and happy early birthday!  I do the same thing too. We very rarely go on vacation so I use my annual leave for long weekends. I love taking a Friday and a Monday off. I agree. No better feeling than getting in the bed Sunday night and knowing you still have another day off. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Regular Contributor

I noticed an earlier comment was removed because it was a religious comment--oh that's right, Christmas (a.k.a. "holidays") has nothing to do with religion.  

I'll spend my dollars elsewhere, QVC.    Apparently you forget your consumer base is partially made up of people with judeo-christian values.

Honored Contributor

My favorite part of the "holidays" is remembering that thing that we cannot speak about here.

You know that thing we can't speak about but Shawn can go on and on about and that vendor so they can sell stuff for QVC?  

It makes me think long and hard also about a company that sells items related to something SO controversial that people are not allowed to utter the word on their website.  But they SELL things for it. . . Go figure.

It is VERY offensive to me.  VERY! 

Regular Contributor

Re: What is your favorite part of the holidays..... (Toys!)

I've always enjoyed getting into the spirit by decorating the house, listening to Christmas carol favorites, and baking cookies. In recent years as I have no children at home and no grandchildren to buy for, I've found a new pastime that has brought me more joy and Christmas cheer than I ever imagined. By good fortune, I learned of our local Salvation Army's Christmas Toy Drive for families in need.

It's become a passion searching out the very best deals for fun, quality toys online. I do my best to consider popularity of a toy when narrowing my choices, I think about how that toy might be received by a child, the happiness it could bring. As someone who had very few toys at Christmas as as child, I derive an extra thrill making lists of my top favorites, comparing prices, and reading the reviews to see what a child of a particular age might like and how durable and safe the toy has been found to be. I plan for this all year, looking forward to having the toys arrive and then arranging them under the tree before they are later delivered to a local warehouse. There, volunteers of all ages wearing Santa hats, organize and wrap them. In my household, it's the highlight of the season!