Occasional Contributor

Re: What is your favorite part of the holidays.....

Jan 2

Super Contributor

@mousemother wrote:

Jan 2

Yep, me also!Smiley Happy

A house is not a home without a cat!
Honored Contributor

The saddest thing to me are the posters who come out here the day after Christmas and announce that all the decorations are down and put away as if that is worthy of a reward.  It strikes me as being rather obsessive to turn "un" decorating into some kind of race.  I'd rather enjoy the whole season, including New Year's Day with the decorations still out.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

The saddest thing to me are the posters who come out here the day after Christmas and announce that all the decorations are down and put away as if that is worthy of a reward.  It strikes me as being rather obsessive to turn "un" decorating into some kind of race.  I'd rather enjoy the whole season, including New Year's Day with the decorations still out.

@AuntG- I'm one of those who takes down the tree and puts everything away on the 26th. I don't see it as some kind of race. It's just my personal preference as is you leaving yours up and out till after January 1st. After months of lead up to the 25th I'm "done" on the 26th. 

I personally can't understand anyone having their Christmas decorations out NOW with weeks and weeks to go till Christmas, but if that's what someone wants to do, have at it and enjoy. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I love Thanksgiving, but I don't care for all the stress that Christman brings with it.

Honored Contributor

I love the radio stations that have already started playing Christmas music.  And I love the people who put so much effort into decorating their houses so everyone can enjoy the lights and colors.

We walk and drive through different neighborhoods to marvel at it all.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

I love every part of the holidays. But, the favorite part for me is my husband playing Santa to the kids in the hospital with two of my therapy rescue dogs. We go to the children's ward my husband dressed like Santa and I am a elf and our two rescue dogs who were therapy dogs come with is too. The looks and smiles on the children's faces are the world to us and there parents. We also go to our local shelter to give out blankets to the shelter dogs, also treats and water and food bowls. This has become a tradition for our family .To give back is really the best gift this time of the year.Woman Happy

Super Contributor

Well, 12/25 is my son's birthday so that's special for us. The other thing I look forward to is having 2 full weeks off from work. We are off the entire week of Christmas and if you take a few extra days of annual leave, it can add up to 14 days off. Looking forward to it!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG- I'm one of those who takes down the tree and puts everything away on the 26th. I don't see it as some kind of race. It's just my personal preference as is you leaving yours up and out till after January 1st. After months of lead up to the 25th I'm "done" on the 26th. 

I personally can't understand anyone having their Christmas decorations out NOW with weeks and weeks to go till Christmas, but if that's what someone wants to do, have at it and enjoy. 

I can not understand how people can leave them up way past the hoilday's being over? I have a neighbor who left them up until Feb. Only to change them to Valentines day. I find that strange. By Feb. they look garish and harsh to me. JMHO!

Honored Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

Well, 12/25 is my son's birthday so that's special for us. The other thing I look forward to is having 2 full weeks off from work. We are off the entire week of Christmas and if you take a few extra days of annual leave, it can add up to 14 days off. Looking forward to it!

My birthday is 12/24 and what I do every year is take Mondays off from Christmas until March 1st.  Three day week-ends are so wonderful because it lasts for so long.  (I still get that Sunday night feeling I used to get as a child in school knowing I did not have to go to school the next morning.)  I am terrible when that first Monday rolls back around.  But I do it again from Memorial Day until after July 4th, shorter but still great.  

Happy time off and Merry Christmas!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."