Valued Contributor

Re: What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner?

@I am still oxox wrote:

@ECBG

I know this is not the recpie thread - this is a paleo recipe but it is so yummy - I made 1/2 the recipe last year

Paleo Sweet Potato Cranberry Stuffing

yield: 12

total time: ~2 HOURS

Ingredients:

6 pound sweet potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes

8 ounces {2 sticks} grass-fed butter or extra virgin coconut oil

1 teaspoon kosher salt

2 pound mild Italian sausage

5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed

1 large onion, diced

1 head of celery, diced

1 tablespoon Italian seasoning

12 ounces fresh cranberries

curly parsley for garnish {optional}

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt half the butter and pour over the cubed sweet potatoes. Lay the sweet potato cubes on the baking sheets in a single layer. Dust with half the kosher salt. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, stir, then bake for an additional 25 minutes. Add or subtract baking time in order to get slightly crisped, but not burnt sweet potato croutons.

In a large frying pan, break up and brown the Italian sausage. When it’s brown and crispy, drain in a colander and then set aside.

Add the other half of the butter {4 ounces} to a large sauce pan over low/medium heat. Add the cloves of garlic and let it simmer and infuse for about 5 minutes. When the garlic starts to brown, remove and discard. Add the diced onions and stir. Add the diced celery, ½ teaspoon of the kosher salt, and the Italian seasoning. Stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.

Pour the finished sweet potato croutons, Italian sausage, and cooked onion, celery, and garlic mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add the raw cranberries and fold until evenly combined.

Pour the mixture into a large baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Remove the foil then bake for an additional 10 minutes uncovered.

Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!

Hi @I am still oxox When I first saw your post, I thought it didn't seem interesting to me. But when I read the entire recipe, I changed my mind. I think I would love it.

Thank you for your post.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxoxThis looks yummy.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Eating, eating, eating.

Hence

the beginning of the gluttony season.

Hence

then, the resolution for the new year not to do so again

Trusted Contributor

Going home and undressing !  I deliberatly do not wear elastic pants so I don't over-eat !  

Trusted Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Turkey with gravy

Stuffing with gravy

Rolls and butter with gravy

Gravy with gravy!!!

You are like my Son - he will eat a slice of white bread with gravy !  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I love the homemade mashed potatoes and gravy!!!  I also enjoy not having to travel and am able to relax with my family after our meal.  I don't go shopping on Thursday, nor on Black Friday, so I just stay home in some comfy clothes and begin decorating for Christmas.