Honored Contributor

What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner?

For me it is my sausage stuffing. Since we only make a turkey breast these days I have to make it in a cassarole instead of stuffing a bird but it's still good. The sausage keeps it moist.

Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner?

My family time and the nap afterwards. I don't participate in the Thanksgiving shopping spree because I believe only essential people should work on the holidays. I mean first responders, physicians, and nurses. For food, I like the pie. 

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

For me it is my sausage stuffing. Since we only make a turkey breast these days I have to make it in a cassarole instead of stuffing a bird but it's still good. The sausage keeps it moist.

First an foremost, being with my family!  As for the food, the turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes, but wait......sweet potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce, stuffing, pies, the delicious cranberry walnut cake with cream cheese frosting that I make......how can I pick just one thing?!?!  Oh, and then the leftovers the next day!  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Mashed potatoes and gravy.  A carb fix will always win.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Mashed potatoes and gravy.  A carb fix will always win.

Funny you should say this - I decided to not make mashed potatoes this year because no one ever eats them.I am having stuffing and sweet potatoes though.

Honored Contributor

I could never go shopping Thanksgiving night. I'm too tired from cooking and washing dishes.

Honored Contributor

I'm so busy on Thanksgiving; cooking, decorating, setting the table, making sure that my guests have everything they need and want that I barely eat anything myself.  I never enjoy the Thanksgiving dinner until the next day when I fix leftovers for myself.  So, my absolute favorite part of the day is when everything is all set and ready to go and we are ready to sit down to dinner and the candles are lit and everything looks so magical. 

Sometimes I do an elegant table but I think this year, I want a rustic or country feel to my table.  Something like this; simple and crisp with bright Fall colors.

thanksgiving 1.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

First and foremost-------I DON'T HAVE TO COOK IT THIS YEAR !!!!!

Then,  it's seeing family I don't see often enough (on the hubs side)

And then it's all about the food from start to finish. I love it all.

Next--it's all about the leftovers for the next few days. But because we are going out for dinner, I'll go ahead and make a smaller version of turkey dinner for us. I want more leftovers!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Turkey with gravy

Stuffing with gravy

Rolls and butter with gravy

Gravy with gravy!!!

Frequent Contributor

When my youngest son who has to work a double shift (9am - 10pm) at a restaurant gets home from work and I make him a turkey sandwich. He's usually so tired and sick of looking a food all day he barely wants to eat. Sadly its mandatory he works all holidays.