Super Contributor

Re: What is out of stock in your market?

I have been to two grocery stores today and both have done MAJOR restocking.  Fresh produce, meat and dairy were finally restocked after being wiped out over the weekend. 

Respected Contributor

I went to Kroger yesterday.  I got the last bag of potatoes, there were no carrots or eggs.  The bread delivery person had been there recently so I grabbed a loaf.  The milk was limited to 2 gallons, but they had some.  No paper products.  I need distilled water and can't find any.  

Respected Contributor

I haven't been for a week, but friends keep sending pics of completely empty shelves.

One photo showed only a single jar of Nutella, on a long stretch of shelving. I told my friend I sure hoped he grabbed it. It looked downright sad being ignored Woman Sad

One friend thought she'd beat the rush by arriving at opening this morning. She sent pics of the parking lot that was jam-packed. Guess that's no longer a good idea. She decided not to stay. She's a senior who was taking her senior mom. Not safe.

When are people going to stop this nonsense?  While some of us are being responsible and avoiding crowds, with our cupboards getting bare, these folks will likely over buy and wind up throwing away the excess.   

Trusted Contributor

I went shopping today and I was a bit shocked.  Last Thursday, it was only TP and actibacterial type wipes that were gone.  Today, there were NO paper products, milk, eggs, hamburger meat, carrots, lettuce, and/or hot dogs. I hadn't really stockpiled anything before, so I'll try some different store tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

Paper goods, disinfectants--sprays and wipes,aspirin and ibuprofen, and thermometer probe covers,  dairy goods, fresh fruit, meat and chicken. Pasta sauce and in the local Trader Joe's the majority of their freezer section was empty.

I am concerned about milk when we need.

I am someone though who most always picks up the TP when I have gone to Costco.

Frequent Contributor

Meat, pasta, eggs.  Also canned meats such as Underwood deviled ham.  I didn't think people ate that anymore.

Trusted Contributor

We have no paper products like TP, napkins, kleenex, paper towels, no cup of soups or ramen, no clothes soap, no wipes, no Lysol cereal is very low as are the baking items, canned vegtables gone. i can't believe the stores are not limiting some items and doing better at getting stock back in. Obviously where I shop its who gets there first and the heck with anyone else. Why would you change the way you shop and suddenly become a hoarder? Even if they had a shutdown you would still be able to visit the store and the pharmacy.

Honored Contributor

I have no need to go to the store anytime soon, but the girl who did my hair yesterday said she went to our local Kroger on Sunday.   No sugar, no ramen noodles, no canned pasta, no flour, very little lunch meat, limited bread, limited cereal, limited meats, etc.   She found some items she needed at Dollar General.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Flour!  Flour?  Is everyone making banana bread and muffins?????  Or could they be using bread machines?  I rarely buy flour except at Christmas!!!

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I always keep plenty of flour on hand for making biscuits and rolls.   Besides bread machines, I feel sure people are using their instant pots for making bread as well.