Honored Contributor

What is one cliche that makes more sense to you now than when you were young?

For me it's, "If you have your health, you have everything".

I didn't understand that in my young, carefree days, but boy does it make sense now.

Do you have one to share?

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: What is one cliche that makes more sense to you now than when you were young?

I totally agree - being healthy means more to me now that I'm in my 60s.  I've always attended exercise classes and taken good care of my body.  My dad died at 43 from drinking and my mother at 58 from smoking - I learned well and did neither.  I think we need to appreciate our bodies and take better care of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is one cliche that makes more sense to you now than when you were young?

Youth is wasted on the young!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

1 - You need to "save for a rainy day."

2 - Love is all there is..(is that a common phrase?)

3 - Family is important.

Honored Contributor

OMG - my Mom was the Queen of having an old adage for every situation. I do, now that I have more life experiences, appreciate the wisdom of most of them. She seems to live in my head as old adages that pop up all the time. My cousins tease me because, like her, I will have one on the tip of my tongue all the time. My brother and I often will say the same one at the same time and get a good laugh at ourselves for it. Usually they make me appreciate her and miss her.

Esteemed Contributor

"The best way to get over someone is to get under someone!"

No, seriously, yours about health hits home. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla

You sassy girl (wink)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

I hope you have children just as naughty as you are.  After I had my naughty kids she appologized.

Esteemed Contributor

The first thought that came into my cynical mind was, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Honored Contributor

Sweet: All the flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of yesterday.

Funny: Ants in his pants.

When I grew up, there were always different sayings.