Honored Contributor

Re: What is a good house warming gift

When our new neighbors moved in we gave them a cute set of Isaac Mizrahi mini picture frames. They have two little kids, a boy and a girl-  one frame was pink and one was blue. The other one was white. Found it at TJ Maxx, very inexpensive.

I would suggest looking there or at Home Goods. You never know what you'll find. But in general I like the idea of a picture frame. If you don't know the people well it's generic, and practical.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

if I'm going to see the person & new house:

I bake a coffee cake (or what they like) wrap nicely and on top I put a card w/ Bed, Bath & Beyond gift certificate. Everyone can find something in BB&B.

By mail: just card and gc.

I think that's the fun of moving in a new home decorating it! I did buy my niece & hubby towel sets for guest bath in nice laundry wicker basket. Then she was liking the flags I have outside - I ordered her garden flags for each holiday/season (from Amazon). Of course, I know her "wants" it makes it easy!

Trusted Contributor

When we built our new home, spent a small fortune on light bulbs, curtain rods, hooks, picture hanging supplies, towel rods, shower curtains etc. A gift card to a hardware store would have been helpful. 

If they have a yard, a small tree or bush to commemorate the year they got new home. Like a lilac bush.

Since your family you can get suggestions for brands they like, Dawn, detergent, Mr clean erasers and such in a laundry basket.

Respected Contributor

I would consider giving them a very good, well made American flag kit for the front of their home.

Honored Contributor

My nephew who got married last summer and his wife just bought a new home. I've been thinking about what to send them.

I really don't want to give them any decorating items but was thinking of maybe a cute personalized card from Etsy and adding a GC from either Amazon or B,B & B.  Or I could  send them a wine basket since I know that it's something that they like.

Respected Contributor

When we bought our first house, our realtor stopped by with a gift.

It was a beautiful dried flower arrangement in a basket.  It fit PERFECTLY in the decor in our bedroom.  It was there until we moved and chose a different color.

I like good quality picture frames for wedding or baby gifts.  So those would be nice.  Or a gift card from a place like Home Depot.

Hyacinth

Regular Contributor

We have given a gift certificate to a local garden center. Can be used for bushes, plants or trees outside,  or an indoor plant or accessorie. It can be used immediately or later.