Respected Contributor

Re: What is THE PURPOSE OF LIFE according to you?

@fourpaws56 wrote:

well, my purpose is to save and care for as many cats (and other animals) as possible, and teach my Son to be kind and compassionate (which I have) and to be a good role model for my Grand-kids

@fourpaws56...best reply yet, IMO. ITA.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer  I wish I had the means to save them all, but I have rescued well over 200 cats and maybe 50 dogs...it just breaks my hear to see an animal in need..

Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@catwhisperer  I wish I had the means to save them all, but I have rescued well over 200 cats and maybe 50 dogs...it just breaks my hear to see an animal in need..

@fourpaws56...I hear you. I have been rescuing cats most of my life and feel that is my main purpose in life.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

ITA

Respected Contributor

In all fairness to everyone, I do believe that each of us is here for a purpose, whatever that may be. 

Respected Contributor

@nana59....I don't know what to say other than I feel your pain loud and clear. I am so sorry. I think sometimes people just don't know what else to say other than the familiar sayings like, "They are in a better place", "Take care of you". (((Hugs))).

Honored Contributor

I don't know that each life has "a" purpose other than to be lived.

I do believe that most of us learn while we live - who and what are good and bad, what we should or shouldn't do, admit and learn from our mistakes. Help others if you're able. Do the best you can with what you have and what you know at any given time. Of course, all of these things will differ with each person. There is no One Best anything; Best for Me (and those dependant on me) is what matters.

If we have "a" purpose, then I believe it's simply to Be and to Learn.

I don't need to measure up to anyone else's anything.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

To reproduce and continue the species. 

Really?  What would you say to those who cannot reproduce?  Do they have no purpose?

Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

To reproduce and continue the species. 

Really?  What would you say to those who cannot reproduce?  Do they have no purpose?

Or have no interest in reproducing. Not at all surprised by this post. 

Valued Contributor

To have a Starbucks caramel macchiato (iced) every day.