Honored Contributor

What home background would you use for a remote broadcast?

I am entertained by the background in the skype shots used by news anchors and experts when broadcasting from their homes..  Thinking about your own house, what would you have in your background?  Book shelves with your collection of cookbooks? A couple of cherished art prints?  Photos of your extensive family arranged attractively?  A boring closet door in your tiny apartment?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What home background would you use for a remote broadcast?

A wall of toilet paper. 🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I am entertained by the background in the skype shots used by news anchors and experts when broadcasting from their homes..  Thinking about your own house, what would you have in your background?  Book shelves with your collection of cookbooks? A couple of cherished art prints?  Photos of your extensive family arranged attractively?  A boring closet door in your tiny apartment?  

@depglass   My serious answer would be in front of a large window w/ beautiful view of outdoors/garden. In reality, I'd film in front of my wine rack. 🍷 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@depglass wrote:

@depglass   My serious answer would be in front of a large window w/ beautiful view of outdoors/garden. In reality, I'd film in front of my wine rack. 🍷 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

@Shanus   The problem with being in front of a large window (I had thought about that too) would be that your face would be in shadow and people wouldn't be able to see you.

I just "Zoomed" (similar to Skype) with our kids and sat in the kitchen.  It looked nice and made sure the kitchen was clutter free.

Trusted Contributor

Probably my cat acting like a fool.

Honored Contributor

So far, I think the toilet paper wins.  Have you ever noticed that most of the clutter in a room is in the lower half?  So It would be pretty easy to get a good shot if and when the networks call on you for your expertise. 

Trusted Contributor

Fun thread!

Some doctor offices are doing Skype-type (whatever it's called) appointments, so you'd need to consider what you want them to "see" (besides you)!

Super Contributor

My kitchen table. I would definitely clean up and organize things.

Yes, I love seeing when people are skyping from home, where they are in their house and what's in the background. Not just QVC people but also the news. I've seen people on their family room couch, their bedroom, their home office, etc. Other times, you can't tell. Sometimes you see them sitting on a couch chair against a wall, a bookcase in the background and even a curtain up.

Honored Contributor

I want to repeat that guy in the foreground whose kids came in with the nanny trying to get them back and the guy wasn't being paid attention to one iota.  Finally the nanny had to run in and get them.  No idea what the guy was saying. LOL

Kids and animals, gotta have them!!!  

Honored Contributor

I'd set up in my foyer. There's artwork there and I'd add a small table and floral arrangement.