Honored Contributor

Re: What have you done for someone recently?

Very uplifting posts. I don't see any bragging whatsoever - just really nice people offering some ideas for things I never thought of. The person who wheels in big garbage cans is doing something I could do. I think I'll ask our neighbor if she could use help with hers. 

Trusted Contributor

On the contrary, I find reading these posts of people helping people to be so uplifting and just makes me feel good that kind hearted people are out there in this world!  I much rather read these posts than read some of the horrible things you read or hear in the news these days! 

I guess the one thing I've done recently is to contact a manager I had many years ago when I heard that her husband had passed.  I sent her a sympathy card with a handwritten letter recalling wonderful memories I had of her husband.  She told me she reads and re-reads that note every day.  She misses him terribly and it really made me feel good to know that this simple gesture brought her comfort!

Honored Contributor

LOL   That's between me and the person I have helped out.     

Honored Contributor

DH plows the driveway for 2 neighbors. I do not think this is "tootint" a horn.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

PS: No charge

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

My uncle and my father were blessed with the kindest neighbors anyone could hope for and went above and beyond for them for many years until they passed.

I pay it forward by helping 2 of my neighbors on my court.  I take care of my next door neighbor's house because she lives with her mother full time now.  I also help the neighbors on the end by shoveling their walkway when I shovel mine.

I also had a co-worker who passed a number of years ago and we made a commitment at her memorial service to do an act of kindness in her honor every year on her birthday (in January).  She was the most generous person I have ever met and everyone she came in contact with was at her memorial service (like her dry cleaner and the guy at the car wash).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Last week, I went to an upscale resale store. I'd seen it on tv and wanted to check it out, all proceeds go to charity. They had a rack of 1/2 price things and there were some coats and warm sweaters on there, and I bought some of them for the clothing closet where my daughter works. I haven't had a chance to get them to her yet.

Valued Contributor

@happycat, that’s “twofer.”  Great idea. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ruby Laine wrote:

@happycat, that’s “twofer.”  Great idea. 

I tell you what @Ruby Laine, I got a dress, my husband kind of insisted, he said how good it would look on me and a hand knitted sweater thing, that I will have to wear something under, but I love it. Its amazing what people take to these places. One of the coats I got for the coat closet was new with tags. It had been over 100.00.

Valued Contributor

@happycat, all that and a sweet hubby, too.