Respected Contributor

Re: What have you done for someone recently?

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I have a friend whose BBF from childhood is in the hospital fighting for her life.The poor woman had a heart attack & fell down a flight of stairs.She sustained a concussion & broke several ribs.While being transported to the hospital she then had a stroke!! She was in a coma for about 5 weeks.

My friend is beside herself.She’s been running to the hospital every day for the last 7 weeks. I call or text her everyday to give her support.I took her to breakfast the other day.She told be this afternoon that I was the only one of all of her friends that care.She said that I’ve given her the strength to keep it together.

@NicksmomESQ  It is so nice that you contact your friend each day. Speaking from experience, this means so very much. It does not cost money, just your time. I have a saying, LOVE  is spelled TIME and it is true.

Esteemed Contributor

What lovely and inspirational posts.  So many examples of how to make a difference.  We can’t change the world, but these are examples of how everyone can do their part.  Thank you, all.

Honored Contributor

DH had cataract surgery last week so I’ve been applying eye drops four times a day, helping with eye shield during nap time 😴 and nightly. 

I also help DH check his blood, watch the diet, and pester him about exercising.

These are little things to most people but DH thanks me daily for helping him.

I care for him out of love 💕. I learned about love and compassion watching my mom care for my dad for 9-1/2 years who was stricken with a major stroke.

Respected Contributor

I try to do something for someone at every opportunity but never think any more about it.

Honored Contributor

God bless all of you for helping others in some way.  

To those who wont say what they do is ok too.  Its not bragging or patting yourself on the back when you say what you do.  When you do a "good deed" so you can say you did it, pat yourself on the back or so others will notice that is when it is wrong.  Dont try to make others feel bad because the are letting us know what they do.

I recently cooked a roast and its fixing for a family in need.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

I do plenty but prefer not to "toot my own horn" as they say.

I tend to lie a little more to this perspective also, @ID2, but I also want to say loud and clear that beyond my love for my family, the kindnesses I’ve been able to extend to others  have almost “rebounded” on me to be the greatest joy in my life.

Through what I’ve been able to do, I’ve learned that for me, being able to make some serious donations, and remaining somewhere between Robin Hood and St. Nicholas, has given me a degree of happiness that is too hard to even TRY to describe, 

SO- I think that sometimes without choosing to reveal specifics, I LOVE to share the intense PLEASURE that I get from giving possessions and/or my time, and/or MYSELF, because I want people to know that there are SO MANY WAYS to doing something “....for someone...” that will enrich another life, and then come back and enrich yours. 

Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I do plenty but prefer not to "toot my own horn" as they say.

^This!

I was taught to do good for and show kindness for others just because it's the right thing to do, not because you're going to recieve attention or kudos for it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

What I do for others is between me and them and not for public consumption or judgement.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Hubby had to take his dentures in for repair, so this morning for breakfast I made him a 3 layer peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cut the crust off and cut it into little squares. Does that count?

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

Hubby had to take his dentures in for repair, so this morning for breakfast I made him a 3 layer peanut butter and jelly sandwich, cut the crust off and cut it into little squares. Does that count?

@sweetee2- Yes indeed, and I bet HE KNEW who extended the kindness to him!