Honored Contributor

Re: What have you cut out of your life since inflation etc has affected our lives?

Inflation has not impacted us much at all.  So, we're living our lives as we always have.

Respected Contributor

Re: What have you cut out of your life since inflation etc has affected our lives?

Not really cut back but re-vamping where my money goes. Eating out cut back since Covid but since restaurants re-opening I'm not returning due to yukkey service. Even if a place is not busy staff thinks they can get away with unacceptable service and blame it on Covid well, no more). Some local restaurants began adding gratuity on every order (probably because they know we won't tip for bad service). I'm justifying my dog's grooming by doing my own manicure.  Staying home more due to gas prices. I try to organize my errands/outings for one day and plan my stops. Ordering much more on line for bulk purchases (price breaks) with home delivery for free. Filtering water instead of buying so much bottled water (which also cuts down on plastic recycling). Changed thermostats which conserve energy automatically inside and out. Cut down on heating hot tub. Wait til Mr. Sun gets hot enough to heat pool and hot tub. Put up racks to drop beach/pool towels on and re-use rather than laundry room. Installed blinds to back porch to conserve energy.

Respected Contributor

Nothing due to inflation. We live pretty much how we have always done so. Covid on the other hand is a different story. We have recently started to go back out to restaurants, movies, etc. Just came back from a vacation to Epcot. Getting back to volunteering in our community. Covid had changed our lives and what we did. Inflation, nope.
Respected Contributor

I'm making sure I return all purchases that are not 100% for me. No more maybe it will work.

I went to my favorite bagel shop today and it was $4.00 for a bagel and cream cheese. An occasional treat.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing yet!  I'm too old to "wait until."  Do it now!

Esteemed Contributor

I also think we have cut out more stuff due to covid rather than inflation.   Like others I had stopped having my manicures done during covid, went back a few times when they reopened with the whole plexi glass nonsense, then I stopped again.  Finally realizing what the heck am I spending this $$ for?  Of course the price went way up for "disinfection" , so I started doing my own and am getting better at it.   I do an okay job and I'm happy with it.  Also I color my hair a lot less often, who knew?? When I started going to my niece for my hair when I moved closer to her salon she said I was coloring it too much as I don't have that much gray for my age.   Hmmmm.

Esteemed Contributor

And just got my two credit bills for the month.

Not due to inflation - no pedi, no hair cut, no travel, no eating out, no nada 😂

Four grocery pickups, 2 Amazon orders, and 1 New Balance order.

Minting money here.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Driving a 40 mile round trip to the ice rink 3 times a week. Not by choice, but by, ya know! This will be transitory however until, like, ya know?

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Nothing has been cut due to inflation.  The way I shop and stock this house proved to be quite beneficial to us thru the shutdown phase with Covid.  I will keep doing what works.

We remain comfortable, in our very simple lives.   

Honored Contributor

I made the decision to get rid of my old beater car when I sold my house in 2021. Inflation was not a thing yet. I hate driving!!!

I am walking mostly as I live pretty close to my  town and then I Uber for appointments and take the bus to go shopping, which I haven't really done since this covid thing. Otherwise, I shop sales for food and other things--- don't need much either.