Honored Contributor

Re: What does "sleeping in" mean to you?

anything past 6 am is a treat!  Spouse insists his nurse and doctor appts early (7-8 am), of course we have hour drive to any of his doctor appts and the nurse who comes always makes him first appt🤦‍♀️.

I look forward to sleeping later on the weekends!!!

Respected Contributor

So funny seeing this topic heading.  I thought you were referring to whether the term should be "sleeping in" or "sleeping late."  I much prefer "sleeping late."  Anyway...

It's interesting reading all the posts.  Some of you sure are up early!!  

For me, "sleeping late" means waking up around 9:00 which is kind of rare.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sleeping in or late usually means I'm sick and staying in bed but that rarely happens, I am up and out of bed by 4:00a every day like clockwork.  I'm usually asleep by 8:00 - 9:00p, my days are long and my nights short.  If only the B & M stores would open early other than grocery stores, I would be out doing my shopping but that's wishful thinking.

Honored Contributor

I was up at 4am and at work by 5-5:30 before I retired. It took a couple of years before I could sleep later than that. Now, sleeping in is 6-6:30. I'm a morning person and feel like I miss part of the day if I sleep later than that.

Honored Contributor

Right now it means the habit I'm looking forward to falling back into as soon as my husband finishes this round of radiation.  I prefer to start moving after 9 a.m.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  - I also don't need to set an alarm to wake up.  Regardless of the day of the week, I'm up early.  Sleeping in means to me that I get to lay in bed for hours with a cup of coffee, laptop, and television on and relax since I don't have to get up.  I'm not one to "sleep in until noon".  

Super Contributor

I don't sleep in or sleep late. I sometimes go back to bed later in the morning or in the afternoon for a delicious nap. My body is probably telling me I need more sleep during the night but I just can't sleep past 6:00 am or go to bed before 11:30 pm.

Esteemed Contributor

Sleeping in until 7 or 7:30 for me would feel great. I hear my husband's

alarm at 5:15, sometimes I can fall back asleep. Then my dog usually

barges in my bedroom around 6 to 6:30 and I get up to feed her and

then by 7:00 I am driving my son to school. 

I treasure the weekends when I can just lie in bed a little later even if

I am awake early.

Esteemed Contributor

7:00 am

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

At my house, sleeping in means that my four legged alarm clock didn't wake me to tell me he wants breakfast.  On those days, I wake up at what ever time I wake up, but no specific time.