Honored Contributor

Re: What does "sleeping in" mean to you?

@house_cat wrote:

I slept until 8:30 am yesterday and DH joked that he was ready to call the paramedics.  I'm normally up by 6 am without an alarm.  

I have retired friends who sleep until 10 am or later.  Just wondering what's normal among the "mature" crowd.

@house_cat That's not a question a night owl would ever ask or think about.  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have two cats and a weak bladder. Both situations have me awake several times overnight. I usually am up for good before 6:00 a.m,

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Typically, sleeping in means 7:00am.  During the work week I'm in bed by 8:00pm & my alarm goes off at 3:00am & on weekends I may stay up an extra hour or two to watch my favorite Amazon prime series.

@SurferWife 

What is your favorite Prime series (Amazon)?  I want to find something I like on Amazon Prime.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat   What's this "sleeping in" that you speak of?  LOL. On work days my alarm goes off at 4am and on my days off I rise and shine by 6am at the latest.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

For me it means getting up whenever I want!   37 years of set bedtime wake-up routine was dropped as soon as I retired.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Any time past 5am is late getting out of bed for me. I do best when I'm up at 4am, sometimes a little later than that but not by much.

@SilleeMee 

We could be roomies! Last night we went out to a live theater performance and dinner. You would think I could sleep in just a bIt. But no, I was up at 4:00 am watching Monk.🥴

Respected Contributor

I hit the wall and go to bed around 10:30 . So any time after 7:30 am is 'sleeping in' to me!  I'm usually up by 6, but a lot of you guys are up at 4 am or before! Whoa- that's early... 

Honored Contributor

I'm retired, so it varies. Some mornings I'm up by 6:00, other times 8 or 9. Unless I have plans I don't worry about it. When I worked , I was up before 5, and was a slave to the alarm, thankfully those days are over. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Right now I am watching Bosch.  I had it on my watchlist for what seems like forever and never started it.  A couple of months back I started watching it.  It is really good!  I'm on Season 7 (final season) and will then watch Bosch Legacy.

I also just started watching The Firm, which takes place after the movie The Firm with Tom Cruise.  The cast is really good!

Mad Men was another favorite of mine.  The series Jack Reacher was good.  I have no clue if they will come out with additional seasons.  There are others, but they escape my mind right now.

I like suspense, thrillers, dramas.  I absolutely detest horror movies, so if you like those I can't suggest anything.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@house_cat    Anytime you significantly sleep past your usual wake-up time, you're "sleeping in".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment