Respected Contributor

what does everyone think of this? I asked my ex husband if he would come over and put plastic on my picture window.he actually agreed for Sunday afternoon.so,do you think I should feed him lunch for his generosity?he is also invited christmas day to my house along with our daughter and grandchildren.

Trusted Contributor

It appears that you have a good relationship with him.  I would say do whatever makes you feel comfortable.   

Honored Contributor

he is doing a favor for you.

i would definitely offer him some lunch.....or at the very least a cup of coffee, tea, or a cocktail.

glad to see someone else have a good relationship with their ex. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

If he's remarried or living with someone I'd say pay him. If he's living alone, send him home with some good homecooked food which I'm sure he misses.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam Sure, why not? Even if he is remarried or "involved", it's a nice way to say thanks. A nice sandwich maybe, some coffee or a soft drink and a bit of dessert? Sounds reasonable!

Respected Contributor
Yes,our daughter and 1 grandson lives with my ex.i think I will make a small crockpot of sloppy joes along with chips.no,he is not married.personally glad for that
Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
Yes,our daughter and 1 grandson lives with my ex.i think I will make a small crockpot of sloppy joes along with chips.no,he is not married.personally glad for that

He's also an adult, he can politely say no thank you. But the gesture would be kind. 

Valued Contributor
That sounds like a nice lunch to show your appreciation
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam Yum, I love sloppy joes! sounds very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

what does everyone think of this? I asked my ex husband if he would come over and put plastic on my picture window.he actually agreed for Sunday afternoon.so,do you think I should feed him lunch for his generosity?he is also invited christmas day to my house along with our daughter and grandchildren.

Doesn't matter what "everyone" thinks.  If you feel compelled to thank him with lunch, up to you.  No need to get approval.