Valued Contributor

Re: What do you look for in a close friend?

@viva923 wrote:

I look for someone who

1. Will talk to you

2. Does not gossip about you to other people. When you tell him/her anything it goes NOWHERE

3. Can laugh at jokes 

4. Will go out and do things (not every day—just every now and then get out and do something. Shop, walk, whatever.

right now this is all i can think of, there maybe more I may add as i think of them

#2 is very important to me. I just happened to find out the PRINCESS as she is called had something to say and I found out from someone else. Friends like that I don't need.

Super Contributor

Very hard for me to have close friends...One friend from high school has to much to say about what I do or who I see.  Since I am divorced I have someone in my life and she always has something to say about our time together.  Alot of what - ifs...Can't enjoy a conversation with many questions... Another friend who lives in Florida bugs me constantly to fly down and visit.    Told her many times I have to budget my money and I have a house to take care of - her answer is to sell the house so I have money... I was not complaining...  Not easy to be close to anyone who has so much to say... So the best for me is to just mind my business and get together on a casual basis... This might seem strange but I have it with so called friends...Also I am near retirement age and everyone has too much to say about me leaving my job and finding something else to do.  Better off being alone...When I am ready to retire I will... Wow...

Respected Contributor

Seems to be tougher to find good, close friends when you're an adult.  My best friend around here recently moved to Tennessee (her husband was transferred).  Looking for somebody who likes shopping and going to the movies, besides being fun to be around and easy to talk to.