Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you enjoy on a cold ,very cold day?

Bake homemade bread. I'm out of yeast, half hour drive to store so none today.

12 degrees, I took water to hens in my pj's and did not mind it because there is no wind.

Trusted Contributor

a warm, very warm heater 😄

Respected Contributor

I'm going to make a big pot of split pea soup with ham .yummmm (:

Trusted Contributor

We have been in the single digits and negative at night with high winds.  My feral "pride" does not seem to mind the cold.  They are out playing when the wind let's up.  I went to see why a car squealed it's breaks and backed up.  I hoped a cat was not in the road.  It was not.  Two were high up in a tree in my front yard.  Normal for here but I guess those people did not see treed cats very often.  (I live on a town road so little traffic in winter)

I can no longer feed my birds because of the feral cat population here.  The word is out.  Go to grandmas for a meal if hunting is sparse.  Sunday AM I counted 16 at breakfast on the porch.  There were 7 sets of undocked ears thus need to be caught and neutered.  The extras ran when they saw me watching out the window.  They probably came down from the non working farm buildings on the road above.  If they continue to come and get more at ease I will try to capture and get fixed.  Our local SPCA asks us to help catch feral cats.  By appointment they will neuter and at the end of the day I have to bring them back.  If kittens are caught very young they will try to find homes.  Seldom do I see a kitten as they must be born at the farm.

Our SPCA is a no kill facility.  They do a wonderful job and need all the help people can give them.  Please consider helping yours.  They appreciate not only money but old blankets and towels, pet toys and cages, dry and canned food, help on site, etc.  Every little bit helps.   Call you local shelter and ask what they need and do whatever you can.

Honored Contributor

I get several extra snowed in days due to our location.  Where we live requires four wheel drive.

On a cold day, I snuggle with my 85 lb fur baby, read, watch seasonal fashion shows on Youtube, check on my FB friends, chat with girl friends, and read the boards.

Honored Contributor

Very cold days are super rare where I am in central Texas, so I enjoy mine quite a bit.

I finally get to wear my comfy warm PJs and lounge clothes, which are usually way too hot to wear. I put on my Cuddle Duds TSV pajamas and spent the day on the couch with my remote and watched TV and movies. I made a lot of tea and soup. I took a nap with my electric blanket, another item I rarely get to use but really enjoy on the nights and days it's needed. I didn't turn on the central heat, but instead bundled up, sat next to a quartz heater, and watched my thermostat go down to 58.

In a few days, it's going to be 74 inside my apartment without any help from the heater and on Wednesday, I'll probably have to turn the AC on just for some air circulation. I would love to be able to open a window, but the entire area is under a blanket of cedar pollen until March and my allergies are already awful with minimal outside exposure. Opening a window would send me to the ER with an asthma attack.

Honored Contributor

What I enjoy - is the actual cold!  How about that little piece of crazy?  Smiley Happy

But, seriously, I enjoy my decaf tea when it's cold.  I always have a 'couch blanky' I can curl up in.  I love watching it snow, but we don't get so much of that anymore.   It tried to snow a little earlier, but I could also see the sun so I knew nothing was going to come of that.  

Cold gives me energy.   Hot sukks is out of me.  I live in opposite world.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It all depends but I like to stay under the covers, watch a good movie, read, surf the Net, play games, make soup or chili and sometimes wash clothes.  I also will play with my catCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On the couch, under a quilt with my cat by my side, watching mindless television!

What that really means is fall asleep for the afternoon. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Watching retro TV shows or old movies comes to mind.  Hot soup would be good too.