Respected Contributor

Re: What do you do when stuck home

I am almost never bored at home. Depending on how I feel it could be cleaning, reading, watching an old movie, on line looking at baseball cards for my brother. He inherited boxes of old ones and it has been interesting. Oh I snack a little too and gain a little weight.
Honored Contributor

I have floor to ceilings so I can see the snow falling.  I have always loved snow and the crispness of it against a blue sky.  Against a gray sky, I'll feel sleepy because of the negative ions in the atmosphere.

My pup and I will curl up under a light fleece blanket and hold eachother for a nap after I have checked to make sure everyone that is on the forums and my neighborhood is doing well.

I'll make chicken and dumplings with big pieces of carrots and broth, or I'll thaw chili or spaghetti sauce.

We live in an area where I can barely get out with a 4 WD when the county schools go back.  It's amazing.  The world has been moving while I have been snowed and iced in!

Honored Contributor

I read.  I can always think of many places I want to go and errands to run when I am unable to!

Honored Contributor

I will usually bake something when I can’t go out due to the cold weather; I don’t mind heating up the kitchen when the heat is on anyway; don’t mind the extra heat.
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow,  to me, you had the best answer, similar to mine, LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I crochet now.  There's always dusting and straightening. I recently have begun to move things around.  It's like I don't redecorate, I just move things around a lot.  I do it now more than ever.  

@qualitygal Sometimes that's all it takes to give a room or space a different look.

I do it a lot too.

Esteemed Contributor

Stuck in the house--suppose to rain for 4 days. Alone-should vacuum but? no cooking. Have enough mark down sweets from going to Walmart. Talk to my 2 cats but they are taking a nap which is hard for me to do. Made a fresh pot of coffee. Look at tv.

Honored Contributor

Clean the house

Watch way too much TV

Make some soup

Take a nap

How's that for excitement?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't ever feel like I'm stuck at home. If I can't get out, so be it! I enjoy the day, and try to stay away from doing much housework! Hubby will watch movies and I'll read a book. We're retired, so I don't feel a need to go out everyday.

Trusted Contributor

I sew/quilt, do some machine embroidery, and cross stitch. I always have plenty of projects to choose from. 

I’ve been staying in more than normal lately because I slipped on the ice a few weeks ago, and pulled a few muscles.  I’m not leaving the house until I see totally dry pavements. 😉

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"