Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you do when stuck home

[ Edited ]

I never feel like I'm stuck at home.

When I'm home because of a snow day, I will clean in the morning, do some baking (cookies, usually, and a couple loaves of bread). In the afternoon, I'll grab a couple books and just go to bed under the electric blanket. Between my purring cats cuddling up against and the warmth of my blanket, it doesn't take long for me to fall asleep.

The true definition of peace for me is curling up under the electric blanket with my five feline kids wrapped up tight against me. I've actually checked my FitBit and can see my heart rate slowing down as I relax. It's truly a wonderful feeling. This....this is peace. (I told my doctor that one time and he smiled and said, "I wish more people realized that!".

Honored Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

I never feel like I'm stuck at home.

When I'm home because of a snow day, I will clean in the morning, do some baking (cookies, usually, and a couple loaves of bread). In the afternoon, I'll grab a couple books and just go to bed under the electric blanket. Between my purring cats cuddling up against and the warmth of my blanket, it doesn't take long for me to fall asleep.

The true definition of peace for me is curling up under the electric blanket with my five feline kids wrapped up tight against me. I've actually checked my FitBit and can see my heart rate slowing down as I relax. It's truly a wonderful feeling. This....this is peace. (I told my doctor that one time and he smiled and said, "I wish more people realized that!".

@PamelaSue72  I agree. I never feel stuck either. The biggest gift is loving your own company.

Honored Contributor

Just because it is single degrees outside - I am not stuck. In an hour I am meeting friends for lunch and shopping.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Just because it is single degrees outside - I am not stuck. In an hour I am meeting friends for lunch and shopping.

@drizzellla  I guess you have the proper clothing for such weather. In NC, this cold snap is unusual for us. Enjoy your day and stay toasty.

Honored Contributor

Put on a crock pot of soup, chili or beans, curl up in bed under an electric blanket and read, watch tv and NAP some!  Woman Wink

In a perfect world:  I'd go through closets and drawers and get rid of stuff I don't need. 

Honored Contributor

I love being at home. If it is bitter cold, I will bake cookies or muffins and make something in the crockpot. I like to read, watch out the window if it is snowing, snuggle up with a throw and have a cup of caramel cappucinno or hot chocolate in front of the fireplace. I can always find something to do and never feel stuck at home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HouseMouse,

I would never consider myself "stuck" in our Paradise Home. My 1st "go to" is always heading to my home gym. Depending on when I last ice skated determines the level of my lower body workout. Spending 2-3 hours is not unusual for me in my gym in our basement. I usually add 20-30 minutes of Abdominal work in the comfort of our 4 season patio room.

I also love listening to music and also reading things I find about Exercise Physiology on websites I trust for accuracy. As you can see, I spend time on this Bulletin Board, and other hockey or health related forums.

I keep either my mind or my body occupied, sometimes both. Bored is something not in my vocabulary, nor something I experienced in my adult life. Still freezing cold here and will be heading down to my gym shortly.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Jigsaw puzzles

Honored Contributor

Today I cleaned my oven.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

We lived in northern VT for 10 years. I had young children and before they were old enough to go to school I spent the very, bitterly cold days trying to keep them entertained.  Incredibly, the elementary school was closed only once due to extreme cold.  The oil in the line froze, so there was no heat.  Otherwise, even during below zero days, school was in session.  The children walked to school, there were no busses.  In addition, there was always snow on the ground.     They were tough!