Regular Contributor

What do you do when stuck home

[ Edited ]

When you are stuck in the house due to bitter cold weather like today, what do you do?  I usally cook something or bake and organize the house.And go online and on social media, catch up on the dvr, and eat too many carbs lol!!

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Valued Contributor

Re: What do you do when stuck home

I like to bake or cook. Usually do a comfort food like soup or a hot dish. Love to lay on my couch for a bit under a blanket and cuddle with my kitty. Bitter cold days when I can't be out I usually take that day and clean out a closet or dresser drawers.

cookin

Honored Contributor

I crochet now.  There's always dusting and straightening. I recently have begun to move things around.  It's like I don't redecorate, I just move things around a lot.  I do it now more than ever.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It all depends on the day.  Sometimes I clean, read, computer, watch tv, wash clothes, cook, play with my cat and talk on the phone.  Cat HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I couldn't get in to work today and am going to use several hours to study for a certification I'm working on.

I'm drinking coffee right now and watching some TV, after clearing off my car from the unexpected snow and starting it up.  I don't want to leave it sitting all day as the temp goes even lower than it is now at 5 degrees.

Honored Contributor

We are so busy outdoors feeding our woodland critters. DH brings in a lot of extra wood. When we are all done with our chores we might read or watch the TV.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I actually never feel like I am stuck in the house.  I love my home, I have spent money and time on it.  It's warm and comfy.  I love being here.  Of course, there are days when I choose not go out due to inclement weather so I watch tv, I watch movies, I read, I talk to friends on the phone, I clean and reorganize my jewelry (I love doing that),  I take things out of my closet and make up outfits (love doing that too), I read, Sometimes I will take a long nap,  I visit FB or do some online window shopping or just play around on the computer.  It's just hubby and me so I don't really cook.  I might make muffins or cupcakes but that's about it.

Regular Contributor

that is true @chrystaltree I dont feel  Stuck at home either. I do enjoy my home .

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The bitter cold is due here tomorrow, so I plan to stay indoors, except for walking the dog.

I will do as most have posted here: cook, maybe bake, clean, organize, surf the 'net, pop in here, watch TV, read, light candles and make a fire in the fireplace and continue research for the kitchen remodel I am presently sourcing.

A snow or cold day now and then in the winter is fun! My niece and I call it Pajama Day, although no longer having a backyard for my dog I have to at least put on pants, coat and boots to walk him. The trade-off to townhouse living was last night: enjoying ice cream in my jammies on the sofa while someone else cleared the snow from my driveway, walk and stairs, a job I usually did not mind, except during blizzards.

As others have said, I am one who also enjoys being at home with my pup. My home is (almost) done just as I like it, and the Me time is always welcome!

Respected Contributor

Tomorrow will probably be that kind of day for me.  I like to make a meal that takes a while to bake in the oven.  Baked potatoes and some chicken probably.  

I always find something to do.  Catch up on laundry, sit and do some sewing or mending, organize a closet or dresser, take a nap, watch some tv, etc.