Respected Contributor

Re: What did u buy too much of in 2018?

Harry's candles .....I burned them all through the holidays and loved

every one of them ....I have sets on my easy pay through April ....!!

Honored Contributor

I guess it would have to be groceries, definitely will try to do better in 2019.

Trusted Contributor

@Skididdy wrote:

I purchased way too many handbags.  But thats my thing.

And way to many Cardigans...but thats my thing too.

I must stop the madness.lol.Woman Tongue

@Skididdy     Ooh, me too, me too!

Respected Contributor

Candles and Beekman soap.

Trusted Contributor

Diet Coke.  It's not healthy, and I shouldn't drink it at all. 

Coffee, from McDonald's - usually black.

Skincare - although I did cut back from 2017.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Looking back, I bought too many coats! I’m always in search of the perfect coat and, well, I found many! I bought 2 J Crew coats, 2 wool coats from Talbots, 1 from denim & Co, 2 from Susan Graver, 2 from Dennis Basso, etc. funny thing is....that I really like each one of them! Oh yeah.... forgot...I also bought a great raincoat from Eddie Bauer. What did you buy too much of in 2018?

Oh my goodness!  I can totally relate to the coat thing.  Some 30 years ago I went through a coat-buying phase.   It just seemed like I was finding great sales on great coats at stores, especially in the mall.

Then, about 15 years ago I went through a slightly smaller coat buying phase - AGAIN!   

I will never need to buy another coat or jacket.   I have so many that they are all in great shape but I seem to use the same couple all the time.  

Mostly what I have purchased 'too much' of would be kitchen stuff - mostly small kitchen stuff but some expensive things.   But much of that was purchased prior to this year.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Black pants.  17 pairs total purchased in 2018.

Settle down.  

They'll be split between 3 houses. 

8 pairs are still tagged, 6 that need to be hemmed. 

I love black pants.  From yoga to casual to dress.

And I like them black.  Not off-black.

There is just something about black pants that is so right. 

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Too many clothes, especially, too many pants, sweaters, and dresses. Going to try and cut back on clothing purchases in 2019. 

@wilma For some reason I went nuts on dresses this year.  I hardly ever wear them.  But I got good deals on some and bought multiples, and others that I loved, I got all the colors I could.  I have not worn about half of them.  I don't have to dress up for work, in fact it is better if I don't.  And we stopped going to church on a regular basis.  So I don't know where I am going to wear them.  What am I thinking, LOL?  My attempt to go to the Nutcracker fell through this Holiday.  So I guess I will have to keep trying to find places to go to justify my purchases.  I need to, and will cut back in 2019.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Candles.
Black pants? I can relate. My DH said he wanted to take me shopping to buy me something that has color. (Black is slimming, classy, and practical.) some color is good. I am not too old to enjoy fashion.
Too many bath products!
Great topic!
Valued Contributor

Tops. I bought almost a hundered top this year. I got so tired of plain boring tops that I really wanted fashionable elevated tops. Ive got all kinds but am always looking for more. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop