Honored Contributor

Re: What day of the week was your favorite as a child? Why?

As a kid, every day was my favorite.  I cannot remember liking one day over another.  I was also a carefree kid.  I loved school, most of my teachers, my friends, weekly shopping at Macy's and Gimbels on 34th St. with my mom, and helping my dad work on his car or go buy record albums (two of his hobbies).

It wasn't until high school that life became serious, with real-life responsibilities and stress.  

Super Contributor

Sunday, getting dressed up to go to Church and seeing relatives for dinner!  Yes, I am 70.

Honored Contributor

Saturday nights.

Clean sheets on the bed and clean pj's after bathtime.

Honored Contributor

Thursdays! 

Our band teacher came on Thursdays.

It still is my favorite because doesn't it have a nice ring to it?

I always expect something good to happen on Thursdays!😄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Saturday hands down. Everything fun happened on Saturday. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@qualitygal --Sea Hunt wasn't a show we kids watched,  but how about Flipper? Woman Very Happy

"Flipper, faster than lightening.."❤️🐬

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Nô question about it...SATURDAY. I used to go to the movies every Saturday afternoon with my friends. Our town had three movie theatres and in those days films changed often. We'd walk into town, maybe do a bit of window shopping or grab a bite, and then see whatever was playing. It was perfectly safe back then to go to the movies with friends, well before the teen years.

Respected Contributor

We loved Sundays. After church in summers, we would all go down to my aunt's waterfront home. The Orioles game would be on the radio outside, beer was flowing for the adults, the dads were crabbing on the dock for steamed crabs later.  We usually took a ride in the boat. My dad waterskied as did I. I was probably 10 or 11. Sisters were too scared.  Beautiful happy memories!  

Esteemed Contributor

I was always a fan of Fridays and still like Fridays.   As a kid I liked it because you still had the entire weekend to go and as an adult I liked it because for most of my working years it was my day off!!   Woohoo!  

Honored Contributor

Saturday