Respected Contributor

Re: What color are your eyes?

@151949 wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@151949. I noticed that also, I have green eyes and my son, but we are the only ones in my entire family. I read that green eyes are by far the rarest.

I have a friend that always says she has green eyes but to anyone else ... they are brown. True green eyes are rare. I think a lot of people think they have green eyes, but really don't. 

Isn't it amazing that some people actually don't know what color their eyes are ? How odd is that? I think many people who actually have hazel think they have green eyes. Truely green eyes are unmistakable - they aren't somewhat green, or green with some brown or any of the things people say . They are green - unmistakeable green color. My eyes are almost exactly the same color as the gemstone Adventurine. Definitely and absolutely GREEN - they aren't greenish - they aren't mixed in with brown or gold. When we lived in Pitts. my eye doctor was a young woman , and she would always tell me the color of my eyes blew her away. I am a green eyed natural redhead - I am no great beauty but my coloring was always my best feature.

Because they are rare, people want to have green - even if they don't. The eye doctor commented on mine as well and we had this conversation.  He said that they rarely see true green but many people like to claim green eyes.  People with true green eyes have super light sensitivity - I know I sure do. Oddly my eyes were blue until I was about eight and then they switched over. And the exact same thing happened with my daughter. She was blue-eyed until age 8 or nine and then hers went green as well. I still have a blue outer ring. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Not sure what hazel is?  Does that have brown in it?  My eyes are far from brown (wish they were!), mine are green.

Why would anyone lie about their eye color?  I can see weight or age, but eye color?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

Hazel is a light brown with some gold and green in it.  My eyes look brown unless I wear olive green then they look green.  I think it is a common color for redheads - my natural hair color was auburn.  

Honored Contributor

My eyes are a medium blue unless I am wearing Green, then I'm told they are green.  LOL!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@PurpleBunny. There are no color pictures of me until kindergarten. So I don't know what color my green eyes where at birth.

Super Contributor

Light brown
Valued Contributor

Dark brown

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are no blue, green or hazel pigments in the eye.

Eyes merely have different amounts of melanin, which

is dark brown.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

Blue-gray with dark rims around iris.

Respected Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

There are no blue, green or hazel pigments in the eye.

Eyes merely have different amounts of melanin, which

is dark brown.

Ok then, I have less melanin than brown-eyed people but more than blue-eyed people.  How's that?

Jeesh. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )