Honored Contributor

Re: What color are your eyes?

[ Edited ]

Pure green.

Trusted Contributor

@151949. I noticed that also, I have green eyes and my son, but we are the only ones in my entire family. I read that green eyes are by far the rarest.

Respected Contributor

Green 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@151949. I noticed that also, I have green eyes and my son, but we are the only ones in my entire family. I read that green eyes are by far the rarest.

I have a friend that always says she has green eyes but to anyone else ... they are brown. True green eyes are rare. I think a lot of people think they have green eyes, but really don't. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Hazel

Trusted Contributor

Blue with a touch of red and white----------tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

I have a friend that always says she has green eyes but to anyone else ... they are brown. True green eyes are rare. I think a lot of people think they have green eyes, but really don't. 

Isn't it amazing that some people actually don't know what color their eyes are ? How odd is that? I think many people who actually have hazel think they have green eyes. Truely green eyes are unmistakable - they aren't somewhat green, or green with some brown or any of the things people say . They are green - unmistakeable green color. My eyes are almost exactly the same color as the gemstone Adventurine. Definitely and absolutely GREEN - they aren't greenish - they aren't mixed in with brown or gold. When we lived in Pitts. my eye doctor was a young woman , and she would always tell me the color of my eyes blew her away. I am a green eyed natural redhead - I am no great beauty but my coloring was always my best feature.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949,

I do believe that people have brown (or hazel) coloring, but can..may have some green along with the brown(??).

My eyes are very deep green with gold flecks around the edges. My husband has always told me he has never seen that eye hue before. That is why I always choose either a iced emerald eyeliner or a metallic green eye shadow. 

I have often said that my eyes are one of my best assets.

Also, many patients who have glaucoma, using drops over a certain time, will notice their eyes changing to a darker color. 

I am the only one in my family that has green eyes; everyone (that I know of) have a bright blue hue for their eye color. My husband has deep piercing blue eyes, where our son has more of a soft gray-light hazel coloring.

Just interesting that this topic was brought up, because I had been thinking...no one has the deep green/w/gold around the outer, also small tiny flecks of goldish when the light hits at certain angles.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 @My son and I are both very pale and blond, our eyes are true green. I do believe people with hazel eyes think they appear green. There is no mistaking green eyes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nomorebirthdays ITA - people who have truely  green eyes - there is no mistaking it. Just like blue or brown eyes - they are or they aren't. If they are multiple colors - they're almost certainly hazel.

I used to work with a woman who had astounding eyes - they were actually exactly the same shade of blue as dark tanzanite. As soon as you looked at her they grabbed your attention.