Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts on Change?

The only constant in life is change.

I think how we deal with it, or accept it varies through our lives, and varies within each of us based on our life experiences.

As a generalization, many think that the older we get the less well we handle and accept change. I've always thought children and young adults handle it best because they live it more. School has change in it every day, and makes it seem normal for younger people.

I think when we have some control over and choices with change (or we think we do) we are more receptive to it. When we feel it is forced upon us, we don't.

When we experience change (even when we don't want to beforehand) and it turns out well, I think it opens us up to being more accepting of other changes. 

When change has truly negative results for us, it makes us even more resistant to it. 

I find that I'm quite adaptable. I may dread change, or fight it or not be initially happy with it, but I adapt and find a new normal or new positives because of it, and adjust rather quickly. 

Not all change is good and not all change is as bad as we think it will be. And I in no way think we have to embrace every change, in society and values especially. It is ok to say no, I'm not getting on board with this or that.

Honored Contributor

Change happens.

It is said that a tree that can not bend will break, while the tree that bends will survive.

I usually find everything but the loss of a loved one interesting.  I’m a curious sort of person, want to know what happens next!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

My Mom (RIP) used to hate change and I never had any issue with it.   Now- I feel differently and I totally understand how she felt!   BUT everything always changes no matter what and we cant stop it.  Some things are so difficult to get used to when things happen or things change though!   I dont like change very much now -but I do try to embrace it and go with the flow Smiley Happy

samp7285292b91d2ed6d.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to underwear, I'm all for it! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I sometimes struggle with change but I force myself to adapt. I had the good fortune to be surrounded by my dad's long lived siblings. My uncle at 100 years old used a computer and a cell phone. My aunt still e-mails me and she will be 100 in November. Amazing people who saw so many changes in their lifetime...Great role models.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends on what is changing on how well we deal with it. There are some things that are easier dealt with than others, you are correct though, @CherryHugs, everything is always changing.

I have often thought of how resilient some children are when it comes to change. Have you noticed how some of them seem so much stronger than some adults? I've heard other adults speak of this also and we have wondered how it is?

Trusted Contributor

I just lost my hair dresser.  Now I have to adjust to a new one who does not cut my hair in the same way. My  old hair dresser was just too good for the shop.  Everyone asked for her.  My hair does not look that good but I go there because of price.  This is a change i will just have to live with.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dislike change unless there is a reason for it...too many things are changed and "fixed" that aren't broken...to justify some people's jobs or importance; it's always about the money.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs

My thoughts? Some changes I like and some I do not, some are good, some are not. Some are good for society, and also can be used for bad. Too many to mention.

hn

hckynut(john)