Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts for the holiday season this year?

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

Hubby passed away 35 days ago.  We both loved Christmas so much.  To say it is going to be different is an understatement.  I do want to decorate as he would want me too and I will be doing that sooner rather than later but clearlywill not be putting as much out.  The tree, my Nativity set and maybe some candles.  

First year in my whole life  am not looking forward to the holiday season and that would make him sad.

Going to be a tough year for so many.  I just hope through it all, we can remember to be kind.

keep those you love close.

@Miss Pepsi - I am so sorry for your loss.  it's going to be a tough holiday season for lots of people.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Since we are from SC and both NJ & NY have a 14 day quarantine order in place, we will not be able to travel to see our son, daughter & grands.

Today, we had over 1,000 new cases - so home it will be.

Esteemed Contributor

@Miss Pepsi I am sorry to read about your great loss. My heart goes out to you. I wish I could say something to ease your pain.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the last 25 yrs, I was required to go to out. I never want to go... This year we aren't going!  Im not gonna lie, I'm thrilled! 

Trusted Contributor

DH and I are staying home, alone, with our two mutts.

It's a world-wide pandemic, for Pete's sake.  Everyone is tired of it, especially the health-care workers and hospital staff and other essential workers, and those who have lost their employment and businesses.

We don't consider it an intolerable hardship to just stay home to avoid contact with other people to keep everyone as safe as possible, no matter how much we love, enjoy, and miss them.  

When this disease has passed, then we'll have many joyous reunions with family and friends.

JMO.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately it looks like we won't be spending Thanksgiving or Christmas with family.  Living far apart and with quarentine rules, it just isn't possible.  

Honored Contributor

Same as always.  Only question is whether my daughter's step-daughter and family will be joining us with their new addition.  According to my daughter, her mother is deceased and she needs to get away from the overbearing Mother-in-Law.  

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi 

A beautiful post!  Yes, I agree - remembering to be kind to each other and express love to others!  Blessings...

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

What an ignorant response.  If you're that afraid, lock yourself away forever.  I'm living before it's time to die.  Thank God, I surround myself wtih people who feel the same way.

Super Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss. My mother would not decorate after my dad's death. We begged her to let us just put up a small tabletop tree, she wouldn't have it. 
So we started having our get together at my sisters home and mom would come. but it was very said that once my dad died we never had a Christmas at our home again. So it never seemed the same.at least for me. My daughter and two grandsons lived with me and my husband for about 12 yrs and they moved out at the end of August. I am happy they finally got a place of their own but I am depressed with the covid 19 and not having Christmas with them. We are afraid because of the covid my husband and I both have underlying conditions and we are in our seventies. I certainly hope you enjoy your holiday and please stay safe, and I am very sorry for your loss.