Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts for the holiday season this year?

Since I take the pandemic very seriously I will be staying home to protect myself as well as others. I will continue to follow all guidelines. Very sad to see how flippant others are.

Respected Contributor

We are staying home this year.  We have come to far to stop being  careful now.  My husband is almost 80, Im taking no chances with him!

Respected Contributor

We don't travel for the holidays anymore, so that won't change. I'll put up our Nativity set and other Christmas decorations. Hopefully, our favorite Sports Pub will still have their delicious holiday dinner specials and I won't have to cook dinner. I'll still bake some desserts and invite a few friends over in the evening. 

Honored Contributor

It will be DH & me for Thanksgiving and Christmas; we made the decision a while ago not to travel to visit family - which is hard, but we still have a lot of cases in our state and it is not worth the risks.  Sure - you only live once, I'd just prefer to keep myself and my family healthy.  I imagine we'll see spikes after the holidays, which could have been prevented.

Honored Contributor

I will probably be alone on Thanksgiving.  Not sure yet about Christmas.  I've been cautious all this time.  Don't plan to let my guard down yet.

Respected Contributor

Christmas is going on normal for us this year.  Tired of all that's been going on.  It's up to me to get back to normal for our family.    

We will have a family gathering for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  If someone is not feelling well, I know they will not expose anyone else.

Valued Contributor

I feel a calm that I haven't felt in a long while.  We have decided we won't be going to my mother-in-law's for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  We're staying home.  I'll make a small-ish dinner for my husband and son.  I've never made Thanksgiving dinner.  I'm looking forward to it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal  We're planning Thanksgiving and Christmas with family as usual. For the gatherings with extended family, we'll be taking our cues from the medical people in the family. So far, they say it's a go. REALLY looking forward to all the cooking, baking, decorating and good times!

Esteemed Contributor

We always have dinner at a place on the beach that is open 365 days a year.  They always prepare a holiday meal. I am hoping they will again this year.  Our children are hundreds of miles away and we never have holidays with them because of that.  Our parents passed years ago.  This is the way DH and I do holidays and have for many years.  I hope we can again this year. Heart

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

My thoughts are that if you value your family you will stay home & keep them safe. If you don't care if they get sick or die then go right ahead. People are very selfish & don't care about others.