Honored Contributor

What are your thoughts for the holiday season this year?

It's all up in the air for us right now.  It's not just the Covid virus this year.

How's plans for your holiday season this year?

Honored Contributor

Re: What are your thoughts for the holiday season this year?

Game on! This will be my grandchilds first Christmas! We are all getting together as usual. Why would this Christmas be any different??

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Covid is so high in our state right now that unless things get better quickly, I think we will stay home for Thanksgiving with our youngest sons. My parents are elderly and the hospitals in their city are full or almost full. 

We will have our 2nd oldest son home for Christmas, so 3 out of 4 sons isn't bad! Not sure if we will be able to get together with extended family, but I am determined that the holidays will be wonderful no matter what!  I wish everyone well as they make their plans and preparations for the upcoming season.

Esteemed Contributor

It's just DH and me. We stay home, family all gone and the ones that are left have their own thing. I make it special as I can, special meal and dessert, music and candles. Whatever you all do I hope it's amazing. 🦃  🎅 🌲 

Respected Contributor

We will be having our usual family Christmas.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Thoughts are - just have a go at it!  They only come once a year and we only live once, so we just need to make the best of it!  DH and I were discussing it and said --- oh, my --- we were hoping that this stuff would be done with by now, but realistically, we figured it wouldn't.  So, first holiday season with it!  We have to adapt and switch gears, so to speak.  It will be the 2 of us and we will make our special meals, do our decorating as usual, watch our usual holiday shows and movies, and be so grateful that we have each other!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Hubby passed away 35 days ago.  We both loved Christmas so much.  To say it is going to be different is an understatement.  I do want to decorate as he would want me too and I will be doing that sooner rather than later but clearlywill not be putting as much out.  The tree, my Nativity set and maybe some candles.  

First year in my whole life  am not looking forward to the holiday season and that would make him sad.

Going to be a tough year for so many.  I just hope through it all, we can remember to be kind.

keep those you love close.

Honored Contributor

Right now we are planning on our Thanksgiving and Christmas annual get-to-gethers.  We are subject to change depending on what Covid is doing by then. Cases are rising here in Indiana, so it's somewhat of a "wait and see" deal.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have flights booked up north and back. Everything is still up in the air due to border closing to Canada, and travel restrictions to New York state. Holding out hope we will be able to go. 

Honored Contributor

I really miss my family.  Thanksgiving has always been the big get-together. I have 6 siblings so we have 47 people with their families, mine, grandkids and Dad.  It's also bittersweet since the 3rd anniversary of Mom's death is the same week.

One sibling hasn't taken covid seriously so many are leery about getting together.  

I'm not sure what will happen with the holidays yet.