Honored Contributor

Re: What are you doing out of the ordinary this summer?

@qualitygal wrote:

Out of the ordinary, meaning, not something you do normally each summer.

I'm planning on taking a class this Aug., to relearn Calligraphy.  It's very relaxing to me. This is the example for this question.

I have books, pens, ink and all kinds of stuff. I took a calligraphy class too. Not sure if you need any but I would love to pass the stuff on to you.

Honored Contributor

STAY HOME!  Looking foward to it this year! 

Esteemed Contributor

Just day outings.

Love concerts and shows.

Seeing Bryan Adams in August and might be going to see

Jerry Seinfeild as well. 

Honored Contributor

well-Smiley Frustrated---I have to move everything out of my house into a rental for 3 months, while repair work is done to the house from tree damage---- then packing it all back in. Groan.........

Honored Contributor

Traveling to me anymore is more trouble than it's worth so we are doing day trips this summer. Also, there are a few restaurants and shops I have always wanted to check out.

Honored Contributor

We'll be watching DS rebuild (with his own hands) his own home with improvements which was lost to fire a month after this past Christmas. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

well-Smiley Frustrated---I have to move everything out of my house into a rental for 3 months, while repair work is done to the house from tree damage---- then packing it all back in. Groan.........

@wagirl 

Similar situation.  Our house (and both vehicles) burned in early May and we're in a tiny hotel room with the dog until we can get into a rental.

May take a year or more to rebuild.

Groan...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee---I am so sorry to hear that! Our adventure started on Dec 20th of last year!!! Huge tree hit the house in a wind storm and destroyed the entire roof and upstairs. Hubs is a carpenter to was able to shore up things so we are still in the house now,  but have been doing battle with our insurance people not wanting to pay for as much damage as there is.

but we need to move as the whole roof will be removed as well as ceilings, wiring, plumbing----the whole top level. Me and hubs and adult DD and our cat too, will be packing---well the cat will supervise as we all know they do!!Man Wink 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@just bee---I am so sorry to hear that! Our adventure started on Dec 20th of last year!!! Huge tree hit the house in a wind storm and destroyed the entire roof and upstairs. Hubs is a carpenter to was able to shore up things so we are still in the house now,  but have been doing battle with our insurance people not wanting to pay for as much damage as there is.

but we need to move as the whole roof will be removed as well as ceilings, wiring, plumbing----the whole top level. Me and hubs and adult DD and our cat too, will be packing---well the cat will supervise as we all know they do!!Man Wink 

@wagirl 

It's funny that the only way to find out if you're with a good insurance company is when you finally file a claim.

And then it's too late.

We're having some queasiness over our own company right now.

We had just put a new roof on the house and now we'll be doing it again. 

Hope your move goes smoothly and there are things to enjoy about the rental!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am finally moving out from the midwest where i despised living for 6 years of my life. Felt like fish out of water here. So Yes, Im moving back to where i feel home, out West.

Looking forward to Orchard farms, swiming, going to the lake and the beach, eating gelato on a hot sunny day, bbq with friends, dancing lessons and yoga, you name it im thirlled to get back to it! 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop