Honored Contributor

What are you doing out of the ordinary this summer?

Out of the ordinary, meaning, not something you do normally each summer.

I'm planning on taking a class this Aug., to relearn Calligraphy.  It's very relaxing to me. This is the example for this question.

Respected Contributor

Re: What are you doing out of the ordinary this summer?

I'm planning on going on a road trip.....alone.  I've never done that before and am looking forward to it.  A few years ago i went skydiving one summer day.  Always try to do something new.

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to plant tomatoes in the ground, instead of only in pots.

It may not sound like a big deal, but it is a new approach for me.  I'm looking to tuck them into the existing landscape and use things already there for supports, like my deck post and rails, and shrubbery.

I started them from seed and then a neighbor brought more (4H project) so I have an abundance.  Fun little project!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, the ordinary is all I need.  We are taking a Fall vacation, late October so we will take a long  weekend in July and another long weekend in August. Thurs through Sunday.  In July, it will be Maine so se can drop in and visit with hubby's parents.  Not stay with them, visit them for a day and then go have some fun.  I booked 3 days in a bed&breakfast in Newport RI in mid August.  I lucked out, we stay in the same place when we go there and I thought they'd be booked for the summer but they had a cancellation that morning so were booked it.   I love Newport.  Daughter #2's home is on the water.  The grandchildren are getting older so we'll spend some quality time with them.  Seafood dinners, movie or two.  

Honored Contributor

Some landscaping projects.

Esteemed Contributor

Working on a site plan for my new property.

Only a few trees worth saving. Need to decide if those have to come down can they be salvaged for decorative ceiling beams.

Up there with some of the most **!!*!!* things I've ever done.

Respected Contributor

I'm going on a zip-lining excursion in Ohio with a group of friends.  WooHoo!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Having public sale of a lot of yard and garden equipment and some furniture.  Selling 2400 SF home through a realtor.  We are in the process of sorting and cleaning, donating and moving items to new home, and have donated a lot of items and gave a lot to family members and friends.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Going to my son’s engagement party in July!! Will also spend the Summer helping to plan the wedding!!

Honored Contributor

We're going on a safari in Tanzania with our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland