Trusted Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 - How would you or anyone else know how much these hosts are paid?  Unless you have some secret, insider information that the rest of us aren't privy to?

You can Google anything and find out.

Just because it is on the internet doesn't make it true. 

Truly this is NONE of anyone's business than theirs.  

Contributor

Infusing new brands would be nice, but I do like the long-term, standard brands because the sizing and quality are (usually) consistent.  As far as hosts.....without naming names, there are some I switch off and go on-line to see more about a product - in the text - without using the recording or live feed with the host.   And,  I've learned to turn the volume to zero and just watch the products while doing housework or crafts.    Some hosts (whether on a lot or little) need to realize they are background chatter or distractions for us, and NOT delivering a show that we are captivated to sit and watch using 100% of our attention.  It's just shopping.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Mr. Mizrahi’s base salary shall be $1.8 million, $2.0 million, and $2.1 million per annum during the term of the agreement and $2.25 million and $2.4 million during 2023 and 2024 if the term is extended, in each case, subject to adjustment in the event Mr. Mizrahi does not make a specified number of appearances on the QVC channel.

Mr. Mizrahi shall be eligible to receive an annual cash bonus (the “Bonus”) up to an amount equal to $2.5 million less base salary for 2020 and $3.0 million less base salary for 2021, 2022, and any year during the Renewal Period.

You'd think for what he's paid, he could at least comb his hair and look more presentable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

QVC has been cleaning house for the past year with the different hosts and models.  Hoping they get better results with the employees they have kept.  It would have been nice to see some of the old employees return as i am sure many of them would love the opportunity and income ....but it is obvious QVC is trying  a  new approach with different sales pitches and more hype.   So many models who have represented QVC over the years have disappeared....or are rarely seen (the two Marias, Angela, Samantha, Amanda, Jessica,etc) and a new group has replaced them who are on almost all the fashion shows.  It is the way things are going today in this country. Even the filmed portions of the models displaying clothes are mostly new and younger...........i rarely watch these days.........isn't quite the "soft sell" anymore nor the confidence felt when hosts presented in prior years.

The models are employed by an agency. Perhaps some of them have moved on, or retired.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

You can find almost anything on the internet:

Well, as of mid- 2018, David Venable’s wealth is estimated at over $1 million, which is pretty decent, while his annual salary at QVC amounts around $500,000

IF this is true, he's living high on the hog if his estimated wealth is $1 million.

To me, when they say over $1 million it's less than $2 million. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority but I just don't care. And no, I didn't read anything other than the OP. Why does she care?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Thanks for an interesting article.  I especially like hosts "who can turn sales pitches into stories"  I guess JT has job security--LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I guess I'm in the minority but I just don't care. And no, I didn't read anything other than the OP. Why does she care?

@Love my grandkids 

Personally, I don't care.  I just knew the answer to the question was out there.  OK?

Honored Contributor

Re: What are they thinking?

[ Edited ]

A number of years ago, there was an article in a Philly paper about QVC and the hosts/former hosts.  A former host from HSN, I think his name was Kerry something or other, was quoted in the article as saying that it wasn't out of the ordinary for top hosts to make $500,000.00 a year.

Fast forward to Lisa R and Rick D. appearing on the Donnie Deautsch (sp?) show and they were introduced as the top 2 hosts in sales on QVC.  Of course people surmised from that that LR and Rick were making $500,000.00/year.

I have come across job postings from HSN/QVC looking for a host and the starting salary was somewhere between $70,000-$75,000.00 a year.  This was within the last few years. 

You can find all kinds of information from various sites that appear to be guessing about salaries.   I doubt anyone really knows what the hosts make because that would be private information.   I don't believe that information from Career Trend is correct. It's either another guessing game or it's very old.   

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

Personally, I don't care.  I just knew the answer to the question was out there.  OK?

@ECBG  Yes, you were right the answer was there and it seems a very credible one at that. Excellent sleuthing skills.