Honored Contributor

Re: What activities have you done that you would NEVER do again?

I zip-lined through the Costa Rica jungle at age 64. I got stuck while coming into a landing and turned my head to come face to face with a giant sloth at the top of a tree. But the experience was fun.

Honored Contributor

@Flying Dove wrote:

I jumped out of an airplane.  In retrospect, I'm glad I did it because it was something I always wanted to do and I have no desire to do that again.  Smiley Happy  

My son was an expert jumper with the Army's Airborne division for a few years. He has 2 broken vertebrae from all those jumps. 

Honored Contributor

Horseback riding.  Body couldn't handle it.  or roller skating or ice skating. (never was meant to do either of those).

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@Enufstuff wrote:

Ride on a motorcycle

Go camping

Lay out in the sun to get a tan

Go on a roller coaster

Go mountain climbing in black fly season in NH

boy you just reminded me of something. 1977, dating first husband who took me tent camping to a primitive (pit toilets) campsite in northern Michigan. In June. Black fly season. Gawd. I'm still scarred for life 

Oh my gosh, you deserve a medal.  open pit toilets, and black flys!!! The worst!!

Esteemed Contributor

hitch hike

doughnut driving (was actually a passenger)

hitting the bars with a group of friends

roller skating

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great topic.....makes you think about how LUCKY you may have been!!!

1) Date someone without a thorough background check, especially "the registry". Can you imagine dating a man that people you know may know he's on the registry and are wondering what you are doing?!?!??! And you've fallen for the guy on top of it?!?!!?

(NO I never did that ( I don't think) but I DID go take someone home the first date when I knew NOTHING about him....I shudder when I think about that. I lived in a very rural area. Could've been a disaster...

.I wonder if HE ever thinks..."I went home with someone I didn't know to this very rural area home"

...I mean, it could have been a setup to rob,or worse, that person!!! ( what HE might think today!!!) I was a young dummy.

2) Marry again. Nope, never, nada, no way.

3) I rode all over the US east of the MIssissippi on my Harleys ( owned 8 over 35 years, most of them baggers) ....never trailered any of them, anywhere.  Never was a passenger. Rode in the coldest, wettest, hottest conditions...and loved it all UNTIL several close calls with deer, a plastic garbage can that flew up on the highway in Michigan in the wind ( from down in a small gully) that i actually HIT and kept control, and one time a guy riding next to me wasn't paying attention to the guy in front of HIM who hit his brakes. the guy next to me locked his up and flew over his handlebars. His bike went down, and peices of it flew into my lane under my back tire. I kept control, but wow.

I stopped to see if I could help ( this was a busy intersection in York PA, during a Harley event). By then, drivers of cars had stopped to help, and one guy was a Paramedic with his med bag in his personal car. By then, the rider was stirring on the pavement, but they kept him from getting up til the ambulance arrived. Luckily it was a "Slow speed" ( Maybe 15 MPH) crash, but I wouldn't want to go down at that speed....it aint slow when it's YOUR body hitting the pavement and your bike possibly falling on top of you!!!!)

I gave up riding for good when cell phones became so prevalent....them, and soundproof cars ( when the windows are up and the stereo or earbuds are blasting).

It's AMAZING how little people pay attention today.

I got thirty five years, and never got hurt. I quit while I was ahead. I DID drop my bike three times at stop lights in that time...that was enough!!! ( Not paying attention).

4) Lend people money. GIVE, yes ( what I could afford to lose). Lend...never.Best way to end a friendship or cause family strife.

5) Get married.

Respected Contributor

Hitchhike

Attend to an event on the lawn at the National Mall in DC

Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

hitch hike

doughnut driving (was actually a passenger)

hitting the bars with a group of friends

roller skating

@teganslaw  Doughnut driving? Do you mean pulling doughnuts? Well, I guess I wouldn't do it again on dry asphalt, because tires are too expensive. But I still love to pull doughnuts in the snow. I used to take the kids to a local shopping center when it snowed and do doughnuts in the snow until we were all laughing so hard we were crying. They would all scrunch together on the back seat and fly across when the centrifugal force took over. I've done it with my grandkids as well, but not as often due to lack of snow when we're together.

Esteemed Contributor

The activitie was getting married, and at the age 60. Took vows I will never break. I will NEVER do it again.

Other than that? Would take some deep and long thinking, and that isn't something I do very often. I prefer winging things sitting on the tip of my Hippocampus lobe.

hckynut ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

1. Ride a roller coaster 

2. camping

you?? 😀

Things I can not and would never mention 😄