Honored Contributor

Re: What Was Your First Legal Paying Job?

I was in sales at a jewelry store. Fun job plus bought a few pieces of jewelry for myself.Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush  I was a teacher's aide for Project Head Start when I was 16.  It was a fun job to have.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

As opposed to illegal? 

Camp counselor at 18

Respected Contributor

It was a Walmart type store. I always was sent to the men's department. Boring. Learned the cash register. I liked that and time went by faster.

Esteemed Contributor

Department store clerk.  Late teens.  After that government summer job...... Treasury Department in a records way in the attic of the building.  

Esteemed Contributor

After graduating from High School I applied for a job at the New York Telephone Company and was hired.  I lived in Queens, New York and used the bus system going back and forth to work.  I was very good at the job and actually liked it, and the one thing it gave me was a terrific memory for numbers.

One month on the job and my name was up on the board as "Telephone Operator Of The Month"  which they did every  month, not bad for being on the  job such a short time.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam