Honored Contributor

Re: What Surprsilg Things Do Your Grand Children Remember and?

I am really surprised that even my littlest ones-3 and 4 remember things I say, expressions and phrases that I say a lot. They repeat them often and my children laugh about that. 

I feel honored and also think that these little people listen and pick up a lot so be careful what you say lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

My Grands are 12yr old boy, 4yr old boy (brothers), 2yr old girl.

DS2 says the other grandparents don't pay attention (play with) to the boys. DS1 the other GMom is in Japan.

I run (literally) with my Grands. We play in the sprinkler, with bubbles, draw with chalk on patio, tree has swing, we draw on paper, look at family photos, read books. Jump on GMa & GPa's bed.   Muffins are "our thing" with the boys.  I always have blueberry & chocolate chip muffins. 

They are the loves of my life. Make life worth living.

I'm totally, totally  exhausted when they leave. LOL.  I wouldn't trade it for a second.

Honored Contributor

When my granddaughter would help me bake and frost cookies, I gave her a thin paint brush so she could easily frost cookies..she remembered that and mentioned it recently at Christmas time.

Trusted Contributor

My grandkids want their birthday parties here. My grandson says it's the house he and his friends like best. Always a good thing to know those memories will live on after we are gone!
Honored Contributor

We moved hundreds of miles so we could be closer to all our grandchildren.

They love coming here, especially in the warmer months because of the beach, the boardwalk, the amusement rides and the boat.  They love to bring their friends, too.

No matter what time of year, we ride bikes, they sometimes use scooters, we go for walks at night using lanterns, we have sparklers in the alley (not just 4th of July!). 

We hang out on the deck till late at night (outdoor heater in winter), play Scategories, Dominos, Yatzhee, or card games.

Cookie jar is always filled, rules are your hands must be washed and you will still eat lunch or dinner.

They're still young, not quite teens yet, so we're still making memories.

Respected Contributor

Oh where do I begin. I had three sons and I enjoyed my boys. My middle son had three daughters. Oh how I enjoyed them. Saturday was our day together. Had a special box for arts and crafts. Many projects and they enjoyed them. We would walk up the road where there were horses. They loved petting them. 
They are grown. They do remember our time together. 
I still have the box. 

Respected Contributor

I also had two grandsons. We hiked in the woods, played baseball, dodge ball and hide and seek. Love my boys. They all grow up too fast.