Honored Contributor

No brainer, just do it!   

If this was something your husband wanted to do, you know he would do it, regardless of your opinion.   

Money is not a factor; your household will not be affected in any way if you spend the money to have this done, so I think you should do it.   

I don't think you should have to say anything to your husband to get him on board.  

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

Wow. Wow. Wow.  I hesitate to give my honest opinion, but since you asked:

That just seems like a whole LOT of money to make you feel better about yourself.  I must definitely come from a different socio-economic class.  Not better, not worse, just different.  I'm thinking that if you want to feel better about yourself just think about what a difference that amount of money would make to someone who can't afford to see a dentist for regular cleaning, or someone who can't afford to get their car repaired, or their leaky roof fixed.  You get the drift.  You could bless countless lives with $10,000.

Of course, it's ultimately up to you and your husband.  I'm just respectuflly offering a little different perspective. 

@Suzeecat   That is a different perspective!😄 

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Three years ago I paid $6000 (over time to my orthodontist, interest free) to straighten my teeth.  I have wanted to do that all my adult life.  It didn't matter to me that I was in my 60's. 

I have not regretted it one moment of one day.

And I asked no ones permission to do it.  I paid for it myself.

Finally I am happy with my smile.

Honored Contributor

I have money in my own name because my mom and grandma did. Turns out my husband isn’t like my grandfather and dad but if I ever wanted something he didn’t “approve” I can do as I wish without discussion.

Personally, dental issues are paramount and I would fix my teeth in a heartbeat if I had your issues. 

What about bonding? Far less expensive with good outcomes. Get a second opinion if you are still undecided. Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

Definitely do it! Life is too short to not to smile or not be happy with your smile. You will never regret it. 😬

Trusted Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Definitely do it! Life is too short to not to smile or not be happy with your smile. You will never regret it. 😬

What she said. You are retired and are all set money wise. Probably worked hard your whole life. You deserve this. You have many wonderful years left. Your husband will be fine with it and thrilled when he sees the difference in you. I don't me how you look but your self confidence. You only live once and you can't take the money with you.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden I say, if it will make you feel better about yourself and you can afford it, DO IT!!!!!. Explain to DH what it would mean to you and  how a happy wife means a happy life (Just Kidding).

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

If you wish to have your two front teeth fixed, do it.

But I will tell you that price is exorbitant for two veneers. What else is the dentist doing?

We are about the same age.  I am particular about my teeth.  My two front teeth are starting to break down and to this point I have managed to keep up with the chips and cracks by having resin composites. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Dental work is always expensive. You should talk to your husband and have the work done. This is about your mental well being. A smile is worth a million dollars. 

Esteemed Contributor

Tell him you made the appointment and you are getting it done.