Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

As a suggestion -  I don't know the official name for the material dentist use to blend over cracks and lines but........I had my two top front teeth done last year for $500

History - back in the day when we used bobby-pins to set curls - many had no protective coating on the end of pins............I developed lines down both teeth...and my mother had one of her teeth split down the center.  Those lines bothered me for years - until 2019 I mentioned it to dentist. She proceeded to set the bonding material up  - applied it and then dried (cured) it with a light gun.  It only took minutes and I was out of there.

Perhaps you could have a couple of teeth done at a time as your budget allows.  Just something to consider

My vertical scars are gone!

I think bonding, if at all possible, is so much more preferable than veneers.  I do know people who are hard to recognize because their new teeth are too big compared to their natural teeth.

If you can keep your natural teeth, you are way better off than with the problems veneers might cause down the road.  

@GrailSeeker     I will ask about this... I have lines down both front teeth and  I hate the way they look no matter how much whitening I do, they stay dark and noticeable. Bonding might be the way I go... at least I could try it and go from there Smiley Happy

I had a front tooth bonded over 45 years ago and never had a problem with it.  Still looks great.  Better than my natural teeth, in fact.  

Respected Contributor

do it i did DH never said a word he knew I was upset just do it yep,expensive my enamial wore off needed done, so happy this isn't cheap but you are worth it, 

Valued Contributor

My husband is somewhat similar - I just tell him its an anniversary, valentine, birthday and Christmas gift all wrapped up in one present.

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

So here is the situation. Married 40 years. 

I want to get my front teeth done with veneers.  Cost is about $10,000. My teeth look old...yellow, have cracks down my two front teeth....I do not want to smile because of it.  I am self conscious....

When I bring  the idea up with. DH, he says...."that's a lot of money".

Of course it is a lot of money. I want to do it for myself.  I am 64. Still want to feel good about myself.

We have the money.

What do I  say to  him to be on board with this idea?

I know I can just do it....

but, I want HIM  to say " Do It! If it makes you feel better, Do it!"

Do some shopping aaround and see what kind of payment plans 

might be available.    Do your homework, see if there are other 

offices around that do the same type of work, for a less price.   

Make sure though it is someone that does great work, you don't want

to have it redone a few years down the road.    I would do what it

takes to get the work done, even if it meant picking up a part time

job to pay for it if you had to.   Do it........ your smile is important

Regular Contributor

At that price, how long do they guarantee them. I had my front teeth done about age  65 to correct an overbite,and am 83 , they are getting loose and I have no money to have them redone..just be sure you can protect them and keep them checked. At your age, if you have the money, do it. and enjoy..

Trusted Contributor
You said you can afford it, so do it. Life is too short to wait for something better, and face it, you can't take it with you.
Honored Contributor

Re: What Should I Do?

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden  - I have not read through all the postings.  Maybe 2 pages.  So I wanted to ask - what did you decide to do?

I'd like to tell you that I have veneers and they are worth every penny to me.  If you're at all self conscious of your smile now - just wait until you get them.  You'll be so happy you did.  You've got a lot of living to do so I think you ought to go for it.  You'll love your smile!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SeaMaiden  - I have not read through all the postings.  Maybe 2 pages.  So I wanted to ask - what did you decide to do?

I'd like to tell you that I have veneers and they are worth every penny to me.  If you're at all self consious of your smile now - just wait until you get them.  You'll be so happy you did.  You've got a lot of living to do so I think you ought to go for it.  You'll love your smile!

@San Antonio Gal  Hello!  I had been going back and forth about it....but now with this virus business and economic down turn, I will shelve this cosmetic fix.   In fact they probably will not be doing unnecessary dental  work I imagine here until things make a turn around.

who knew THIS was going to happen😧

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  - When things get back to normal, keep your fans posted on what you decide.    Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Check into whitening and porcelain crowns. It's still not cheap but not even close to 10,000$.