Honored Contributor
I would check with more than one dentist to get prices for your veneers. That seems very high but I don’t know what many teeth you are wanting to have fixed. I know the dental school here does not do any work that is deemed “ cosmetic” so veneers would prob not be on their list. I know there are different “ brands” and types of veneers also. Rembrandt was the top of the line veneer line a few years ago when my friend had them done. Of course they were the most expensive...so am sure there are other options. I think if you have the money and it is important to you, you should do it and DH should be be supportive.
Occasional Contributor

Do what makes you happy and since you already have the money then I would go ahead and have it done.  You will never be satisifed unless you do. You will look back years from now and be glad you got it done when you did.  Now if you did not have the money and had to borrow it that would be a different story. 

Why pass away and leave it to someone else and deny yourself happiness just because your husband does not give you his approval?  

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden - I say go for it.  If you have the money and won't miss it, why not?  You said you were a saver, so this is one thing you were saving it for!!! 💗

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

As a suggestion -  I don't know the official name for the material dentist use to blend over cracks and lines but........I had my two top front teeth done last year for $500

History - back in the day when we used bobby-pins to set curls - many had no protective coating on the end of pins............I developed lines down both teeth...and my mother had one of her teeth split down the center.  Those lines bothered me for years - until 2019 I mentioned it to dentist. She proceeded to set the bonding material up  - applied it and then dried (cured) it with a light gun.  It only took minutes and I was out of there.

Perhaps you could have a couple of teeth done at a time as your budget allows.  Just something to consider

My vertical scars are gone!

I think bonding, if at all possible, is so much more preferable than veneers.  I do know people who are hard to recognize because their new teeth are too big compared to their natural teeth.

If you can keep your natural teeth, you are way better off than with the problems veneers might cause down the road.  

Honored Contributor

I sincerely hope by now you've made the appointment after ALL the years of scrubbing the toilet, cleaning up after sick children and all of it!

You've cooked the meals, done the homework, and YOU WANT IT!  What's more importent!!!

DO IT!  Be happy!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden , my vote is go for it.  I would price the same procedure at other reputable dentists.  If there is a significant price differential, talk to your dentist to see if there is some accommodation.  Also ask about a payment plan if you would like to do that.

We are at an age where it is time to spend our money on things that bring us enjoyment.  If this is a thing you have about your appearance, do it.  Solidly in your corner on this one @SeaMaiden .  LM

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

As a suggestion -  I don't know the official name for the material dentist use to blend over cracks and lines but........I had my two top front teeth done last year for $500

History - back in the day when we used bobby-pins to set curls - many had no protective coating on the end of pins............I developed lines down both teeth...and my mother had one of her teeth split down the center.  Those lines bothered me for years - until 2019 I mentioned it to dentist. She proceeded to set the bonding material up  - applied it and then dried (cured) it with a light gun.  It only took minutes and I was out of there.

Perhaps you could have a couple of teeth done at a time as your budget allows.  Just something to consider

I think bonding, if at all possible, is so much more preferable than veneers.  I do know people who are hard to recognize because their new teeth are too big compared to their natural teeth.

If you can keep your natural teeth, you are way better off than with the problems veneers might cause down the road.  

@GrailSeeker     I will ask about this... I have lines down both front teeth and  I hate the way they look no matter how much whitening I do, they stay dark and noticeable. Bonding might be the way I go... at least I could try it and go from there Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I will be 64 in a few months. I very much still care about the way I look.I have an issue with veins on my legs that really bothers me.With the upcoming expense of my son's wedding I was thinking about putting it off yet again.

I spoke to DH about it. He said "there will always be an expense.It bothers you & that bothers me.We have the money. Just do it".

Just tell your husband that it bothers you & makes you feel unattractive.Tell him you must to this for you.You matter too!!

Go for it!!💐

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I will be 64 in a few months. I very much still care about the way I look.I have an issue with veins on my legs that really bothers me.With the upcoming expense of my son's wedding I was thinking about putting it off yet again.

I spoke to DH about it. He said "there will always be an expense.It bothers you & that bothers me.We have the money. Just do it".

Just tell your husband that it bothers you & makes you feel unattractive.Tell him you must to this for you.You matter too!!

Go for it!!💐

@NicksmomESQ  Thankyou for your opinion! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

@GrailSeeker     I will ask about this... I have lines down both front teeth and  I hate the way they look no matter how much whitening I do, they stay dark and noticeable. Bonding might be the way I go... at least I could try it and go from there Smiley Happy

@SeaMaiden, smart move.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland