Respected Contributor

When someone asks me a question, fashion opinion in this instance, and someone nearby listening pushes their way in and gives their opinion or answers the question for me.  It's like I'm not there.  Am I invisible????  It's so rude.  And they don't even get it when you look at them and walk away.  Was it their intention to push me out of the conversation???

Bugs me is all.  There. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Really Burns My Butt

[ Edited ]

While I understand it is rude to butt in, why does it have to be either/or? Why can’t you still express your thoughts? Your opinion must have been valued by the person who posed the question, why deny that person your thoughts & opinion just because someone else interrupted the conversation? I would think it would actually be the person who posed the question who might be offended for the interruption, rather than you. It seems as if by walking away upset you were both rude to the person who originally asked the question. Just my opinion.

But, if this is the biggest thing upsetting you…your life is good.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

People can and do rudely interrupt conversations all the time. It can be VERY rude, somewhat rude or only a little rude, depending on how it happens, because that can vary.

Just because someone interrupts me, I don't let them keep me from contributing - why would I? If I find the situation very rude I will say something - Excuse me, I/we were talking [and you interrupted]. Can you wait just a moment until I finish my thought? You can get the message across that they are rude without using the word rude. But even if they do "beat you to the punch", you can still give your opinion, prefaced by "as I was saying" or "as I was about to say" and then say it. Everyone gets the message.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

It has happened to me.  Especially with one woman with whom I am acquainted. To make things worse, she loud, very loud.  The person who came over to speak to me feels assaulted after she finishes her 'opinion or advice'. 

I have had to be rude to keep her under control.  She doesn't learn, she just doesn't learn.  Then she feels hurt others ignore her and don't include her in their circles. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Well, it obviously didn't bug you enough to say somethine to the rude person at the time...lol   That's why you can't stop thinking about it, you wimped out.  It's nothing, let it go.  Next time.....say something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ugh.   I can't stand rudeness.   I suppose maybe the person didn't even realize they were being rude, in doing so, but then here we are back to people being taught (or not being taught) manners and basic social graces.  Smiley Wink

On a lighter note, when I saw your thread title, I couldn't help thinking about hearing Dolly Parton say 'You know what  burns my butt?'...'a flame about this high'  (as she put her hand beside her body about butt-level).  She's so cute.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well, it obviously didn't bug you enough to say somethine to the rude person at the time...lol   That's why you can't stop thinking about it, you wimped out.  It's nothing, let it go.  Next time.....say something.

I'm not that type of person.  And just because I didn't say something does not change the circumstances.  Name it what you want.  If it's that big of a deal, I might.  I just came here to vent, but of course there's always this too "if this is the biggest thing upsetting you ..."  Trust me it's not, but I would not discuss the real problems here.

Honored Contributor

Don't mind that, Sparklestar!  There are always those who just threadcrap everywhere they go.   It's like, if they had their way, nobody could discuss anything unless it was sanctioned by them.   

Some people try to twist conversations around with their 'is this really your biggest problem' garbage because I guess they don't understand the concept of people just conversing, or venting, or debating.

Don't let it get you down.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Is the heat getting to people? Everybody thinks everybody is rude. It's rampant on these boards. Unfortunately, that's life.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

Well, if you think I was rude to you and you think the person sharing information in the original conversation was rude to you…it appears you are a highly sensitive person.  Or, you just enjoy finding rudeness where none is intended.  Maybe look within for your answers since you are the common denominator.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.