Honored Contributor

Re: What QVC vendors / brands do you no longer purchase?

[ Edited ]

I thought I had no conributions to this list, but thinking over a few days brought up a couple.  Peace Love World pants.  Had to size down two sizes and they look like I pulled them out of the Goodwill rejects.  Laurie Felt pants, they are too tight in the knees.  Go figure, I never knew I had fat knees.  Corky's burnt ends, now here is a product that never should have been produced.  Burned globs of fat, no more Corky's orders of anything for me.  I tried them well beyond the return date.  

Hmmm . . . I didn't know you could edit much later.  Another one is Junk Gypsy, which I never have bought.  Junk is right.  As a retired antiques dealer, I'm offended.  Smiley Frustrated  You can find what they sell in it's original form.  

Honored Contributor

I can only think of three brands that I would absolutely never buy again: Wen, Tweak'd, and Perfect Gourmet Potstickers.  

*  Wen made my hair fall out terribly.

*  Tweak'd volumizing formulas make my hair very dry, and straw-like brittle.

*  Perfect Gourmet Potstickers are delicious.  But they taste like the exact same potstickers I get from Trader Joe's (Gyoza), at a fraction of the price.  

Other than those three, I don't eliminate any brands as a whole.  But I buy less & less because of the narrow, boring offerings, and high prices for what you get.

Trusted Contributor

It is all over priced junk.
Contributor

I dont order much these days. Now and then I will order a skin care product if it is on a good sale with free s/h as well as clean beauty.

Regular Contributor

WEN

philosophy

Belleek

Connemara

Aran sweaters

Jim Shore

...have a real thing for folk art and hand craftsmanship. Realized 3-4 years ago that I would always be chasing new releases, more to "collect" which means more money spent & more to store. Plus, the collections were making my mind very cluttered and chaotic. Kept my most loved piece of each (for now), and the rest all went to our local shop where the boutique's proceeds benefit families in need in our area.

Super Contributor

Interesting question.  I have been thinking it over....it's hard to say....WEN didn't work for my hair. So that would be a no on repurchasing it. I've never purchased LOGO...not my style. For me it's more about style than brand. 

Esteemed Contributor

Everything.  When I first came here, I tried to order something without creating an account.  I wanted to check out but was forced to create an account.  I shop a lot of places and all they need is my address and payment information.  I'm tired of places having my address and other personal information stored in their databases. 

I think it saved me.  My money is spendable anywhere, and I won't spend it where I'm treated unkindly and unfair.  Can't go for that, no can do.  I will deal with reputable companies that value customer service, and treat their potential customers fairly.  Otherwise, I'm out!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't purchased VPH in years. Cheaply made and expensive. I have many of her old items from like 10+ years ago and still enjoy them. Miss her soy candles though.

Ryka shoes which are now poorly made and with no arch support.

Spenco

Clarks

Vionic

Josie Maran

philosophy

Beekman 1802 (buy at HSN w/free shipping)

No jewelry of any kind. I've got way too many pieces; I could open my own shop. 😏

I used to love Breezies bras but no more; inconsistent sizing, no support, and poor quality.

Mrs. Prindables
Bethlehem Lights

Susan Graver- I have many pants, tops, cardigans, and coats from years past which I still wear. Excellent quality. Too expensive for my life now.

I only purchase occasionally if I really NEED something and only at good discount prices and free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I guess it would be denim & co---bought that brand alot in the early days as it was very well priced and most of it fit me-----

CE--stainless steel pans and skillets--until that black nonstick coating started to peel off ,well before the guarantee was up

have never really been a staunch fan of any brand here and mostly do not order much these past years.

Honored Contributor

Anything by Northern Nights.

Am guilty of purchasing featherbeds, pillow, comforters, sheets, etc.

Then I got to thinking about the video of the little soft fluffy feathers they showed in a box/dryer just floating around.  And realized all the little birdies that were killed for me to be comfy and warm.  

I'm comfy and warm without them.  I say let them live!  (I also say, leave the poor goats alone.)  lol