Respected Contributor

Re: What Music Do You Listen To? My "Coffee House Music".

@Elri  Ahhhhh BILL EVANS...................I know him well....great taste!

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ECBG Question for u.....your car has a USB port/plug ?  How fantastic... I guess my car is too old......phoey.....I had a CD player.... You got my interest tho Smiley Very Happy

My radio does not get much of anything I like either. Thanks for sharing this thread!

@cbrite,I drive a classic and this is my third radio.  The last two played CD's. and had USB plugs. Update for spring.  We drive too much not to have this simple pleasure.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I run the gamut from blues and hard rock (love AC/DC) to classical. (Baroque music, in particular, never fails to grab me. With its counterpoint and dissonance, it sounds like the very times in which it was written, doesn't it? As a pianist, that is what I personally practice and play the most, too. I 've been working for months on Handel's beloved "Harmonious Blacksmith," the intriguing variations of which build and build so that I feel as if my harpsichord is about to burst into flame by the end!)

p.s. NOT a country music fan.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that's hard....

Kenny G

Some classical

Cat Stevens

(depends on mood, or whatever is on radio)

4 tops the other day

Guys that sing along with playing their guitars

Some piano music is great

Music is just good for the soul

Lionel Ritchie

Karen Carpenter

Some of the singers who have passed, they had great mello voices

Love guy groups as well as women soloists.........

Artists and types of music, no list for me works, like too much of it, soothes the soul and the savage beast. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I run the gamut from blues and hard rock (love AC/DC) to classical. (Baroque music, in particular, never fails to grab me. With its counterpoint and dissonance, it sounds like the very times in which it was written, doesn't it? As a pianist, that is what I personally practice and play the most, too. I 've been working for months on Handel's beloved "Harmonious Blacksmith," the intriguing variations of which build and build so that I feel as if my harpsichord is about to burst into flame by the end!)

@libbyannE, I really like Baroque too, but don't listen to it much anymore. Just so many things I can listen to at once! LOL

Respected Contributor

Eddie Money

All Motown

Dire Straits

KC & Sunshine Band

Beatles

Bruce

Journey

Bon Jovi

Laura Nyro

George Gershwin

Chopin

John Klemmer

Simple Minds

Roxy Music

60s, 70s & 80s music

love classical

and.....  lots more!

Honored Contributor

Easy listening.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@libbyannE,You might like Vienna Teng.  She plays and sings beautifully.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@brewhaha I like ABBA too....along with Bananarama.....now I'm singing Dancing Queen....and It's Been a Cruel Summer....Smiley Happy

@cbrite Dancing Queen is one of my faves. Last spring I was watching a telecast of our local university's mens volleyball match. During one of the timeout breaks they started playing Dancing Queen over the PA system. I was surprised to see several people in the student section singing along. I was glad to see ABBA's songs, at least Dancing Queen, is multi-generational.

Respected Contributor

I was thrilled to read a certain name in nyc1's list: LAURA NYRO. I've loved her forever, and was very lucky to see in her concert, years ago. Very sad that she passed away. . .