Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Item Have You Bought, Used, and Immediately Gotten Rid Of?

@ECBG  I called the deli and notified them (a little embarrased). Unfortunately, all of the deviled eggs were sold! A lot of others must have had the same problem. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Those cute little Joy M jars that had the "fragrance sticks"....what a waste of $$! Absolutely no fragrance at all - I put up with them taking up space for a couple of months and then threw them out. I didn't even want to donate them! That was the last thing I ever ordered from her line.

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou 

Your post reminded me if an incident that occurred many years ago.  I was pregnant with baby #3, our son was 7, our daughter was 5.  My husband was out of town on business and had been gone for a week.  One evening, for a treat, I purchased shrimp at our A&P to have for dinner.  All of us got violently ill, my husband came home that night and found all of us throwing up.  He was ok, he didn't eat any of the shrimp.  

As soon as I could I went to the store and told the manager that the shrimp made us sick.  His response....."prove it"!  Nice customer relations! 

Respected Contributor

Several items from Zulily. Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer-balled up on my skin, Lancome mascara- dry as a bone, a couple of lace dresses- sewn off seam, looked like a giant wrinkled tablecloth. One dress I bought from Macys in the off season. Several months later I put it on for an important meeting to find the seams were GLUED, not sewn, and it immediately began to split apart.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the warning on Zulily, @bathina. I see so many things that interest me there - and I typically love the Lancôme line. The mascara must have been very outdated. Think I'll stick to the higher end department stores for my stash.

That dress from Macy's! 🙀 

Respected Contributor

HELLO 😘 @Q-Anu! I'm very cautious now with makeup from Zulily and I won't buy any clothing. I have never had a problem with brand name shoes and perfumes from Zulily. Nice to "see" you!
Honored Contributor

bought my first pair of Diane Gilman jeans in black, opened the plastic and smelled that horrible smell the black jeans usually have, taped up the bag and sent them back the next day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I definitely remember a breezie bra gone bad! It was  a pretty lacy bra that had been worn maybe twice before the assault.  I drove about two hours to a funeral for a relative. The service was at a very small rural church. I think the population is around 80 now. I joined other family members there and during the graveside service I noticed a pop but could not tell what it was.Then the first assault happened. All of a sudden I felt like I had been stabbed and it was not getting better. One of my relatives thought I was getting antsy and upset and told me to  blank it up cupcake. I decided to bear with it. The service ended and someone grabbed me to hug me. There went assault number two from the attack bra with teeth.

I am walking to the church hall. It was a small building with only one restroom. It was amazing the amount of food that spread across many tables. It really amazed me how thoughtful people were of out of towners.

The stabbing pains did not stop and I had to do something about it. I went to the restroom and was surprised to find it was a one holer about the size of an airplane restroom. I tried to get the bra undone but the stab went deeper and I was feeling light headed. 

I called a cousin in to help me. She saw that she could not unhook it due to the blood so she panicked and ran out the door leaving me perched on the toilet. 

Then my brother came and said he heard I needed him. I kind of want to slap the cousin but I hurt too bad. My brother has EMT certification and he pulled out a knife and cut the band of the bra all while I am dressed.

Then He had to cut away at the bra where it was sticking wires into me. I had four puncture woulds from the attack bra with teeth.

I was so relieved to get the wires out of my flesh that I almost let my brother throw the bra in the trash.

Then I decided I did not want a church member to find a cut up bra in the trash. I did not have a purse or pockets so my brother stuffed it in his coat.

My brothers still teases me about the piranah bra. He will say something like, "remember the funeral when you lost your bra"

The important thing was to realize that in a crisis your close relatives tend to be the ones that rescue you.

doxie

Trusted Contributor

@bathina wrote:
HELLO 😘 @Q-Anu! I'm very cautious now with makeup from Zulily and I won't buy any clothing. I have never had a problem with brand name shoes and perfumes from Zulily. Nice to "see" you!

Thanks, @bathina - good to know. I haven't purchased shoes or perfume there yet. Only some cute baubles for my pre-teen daughter. They've held up well so far, considering she's anything but careful with them. I've been eyeing some home decor, throws and throw pillows there most recently. 

Great 'seeing' you here, too! 😘  Don't be a stranger! 

Wow, @doxie1  😨 you win the prize with your 'piranha bra' experience! I bet that left permanent scars. So glad your EMT brother was there to remove that lethal thing.

It was anything but a 'breeze'!! 😱

Esteemed Contributor

I bought some Iman resort pants with metallic stitching (TS)

every time I was going to wear them, DH said, I don't think you'll like it

I finally donated after a year+

I try really hard not to be drawn in, especially with clothes.  I've had a lot of winners with jackets, though.